Announcement

Collapse

News, updates, blogs - The Kalypso Media Blog

Get the latest news and updates about Kalypso Media products on our official Blog:
https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/
See more
See less

Disciples 4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadHippy
    started a topic Disciples 4?

Disciples 4?

Dear Kalypso Media!
    I’m the author of the following petition:
    Release of the continuation of game "Disciples"

https://www.change.org/p/kalypso-med...game-disciples

I am writing to you on behalf of the fan community of Disciples and on behalf of those who signed the petition.

We ask you to consider the issue of continuing this series of games. In spite of the fact that the latest game of the series (Disciples III: Reincarnation) was released more than 5 years ago, and that since the release of the most popular game of the series (Disciples II: Rise of the Elves) it has now been more than 12 years, even now there is a great number of fans of the game: there are lots of fansites, livestreams on YouTube and Twitch, examples of fan art, cosplays, fans’ game modifications and new game maps. We all are waiting for news about our favourite game series.

There are several ways of revival of Disciples’ franchise that I may suggest:

1. The release of a direct continuation of the series (Disciples IV) in the genre of Turn-Based Strategy. It should be noted that it would be better to preserve the same game mechanics like in Disciples II.

2. HD Remaster/Remake of one of the previous games of the series (for example: Disciples II: Rise of the Elves) may serve as an alternative to a direct continuation.

3. Continuation of the games series in some genre different from Turn-Based Strategy. Unfortunately, Turn-Based Strategy has lost its former popularity among gamers. However, Disciples fans would be glad to return to their favourite game universe Nevendaar even presented in a different genre. There exist many variants, from RPG/Action-RPG to MMORPG, MOBA or Collectible Card Game. Game universe is a flexible body and it welcomes these genres.

In conclusion, I wish to mention that a great number of fans (including me) are ready to support the development of a direct continuation of the game through crowdfunding.

And we would be grateful to know anything about your company’s plans concerning the future of the game.

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
    Best regards,
    Peter Prokopev

• Unerde
    replied
    Hello DeadHippy,
    thank you for your passion and dedication as well as your time, reaching out to us.
    Nonetheless, there is nothing I can tell or promise.
    Currently our development studios are busy working on already released titles or upcoming titles, such as Tropico 6 (release in March 2019), Railway Empire (two more European-themed DLCs were announced and are set to be released this year), Dungeons 3 (one more DLC to be released this year and has been teased last week), Sudden Strike 4 (next DLC Pacific War is set to be released this year).
    Therefore, there is not much resources left in order to develop an old/new game.

If there are any changes/plans/news/updates to this topic, keep in touch with our official channels, even though I cannot make any promises on that.

cheers

Unerde

Leave a comment:

Working...
X