Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Conquer the Caribbean: Port Royale 4 Announced

Watch the Announcement Trailer on YouTube

Kalypso Media has announced Port Royale 4 (Kalypso Shop | Steam), an all-new entry in its much-loved seafaring trading sim series, financially supported by ‘Film und Medienstiftung NRW’ and developed by Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Patrician) for release in Q4 2020 on Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
2 of 4 < >

Online and Operational: Spacebase Startopia Revealed

Click me!

New space station management sim announced at gamescom 2019
3 of 4 < >

Pyro Studios Remasters Emerge at gamescom 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noBRYZGa7_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmX_gEWdNYk

Kalypso Media has today released the first full trailers for Commandos 2 - HD Remaster and Praetorians - HD Remaster. Developed by Yippee Entertainment and Torus Games respectively, these two classic strategy titles will arrive on modern platforms in 2019 with enhanced controls and updated graphics.
4 of 4 < >

Closed Beta available now for Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars

Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars Pre-purchase customers get first chance to go hands-on with thrilling new strategy game
See more
See less

Can't make economical progress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't make economical progress

I'm having major economy problems already at map 3. Here's a breakdown of the situation:
    * 7 tobacco farms, 3 cigar factories; most of the time factories have less than 1000 tobacco in storage
    * 2 sugar farms, 1 rum factory; most of the time <1000 sugar in storage also
    * 4 logging camps, 2 lumber mills, 2 shipyards; also <1000 raw materials in storage
    * Several other farms; all farms are in Multi culture mode with max budgets, effectiveness of most is around 100-110%
    * Agricultural subsidies + Employee of the month + Advanced boat services edicts enabled
    * 8 teamsters (most with 2nd shift) positioned where most of the production is being made
    * 6 parking lots positioned near mostly populated areas (for ~500 population) + free wheels edict
    * Housing not too far from the production areas with taverns & clinics
    * Last year profit - around 125k $ (around 40k $ from cigars and 32k $ from boats)

What I've noticed that most of the time workers are not at work (travelling) and this might be one of the more important issues with Tropico 6... This causes farms to be very ineffective, despite effectiveness score. If I had this kind of farm / factory setup in Tropico 5, I would be a millionaire by now. Any tips on how to make my economy booming? :/
    Last edited by maskatuoklis; 07-17-2019, 09:21 AM.

Hi maskatuoklis,
    please be aware, that if you have not disabled exports on specific (raw) products, those will be also be brought to the docs to be exported.
    This might be the reasoning, your raw materials will not be enough for further production, as some of those will be exported for less profit.

-cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Unerde View Post
      Hi maskatuoklis,
      please be aware, that if you have not disabled exports on specific (raw) products, those will be also be brought to the docs to be exported.
      This might be the reasoning, your raw materials will not be enough for further production, as some of those will be exported for less profit.

-cheers
      Thank you, that may be true, but the most interesting thing is that when I inspect farms, there are 1-2 workers at most at a time. Most of them are scattered around the map, despite the services I try to provide as near as possible to their workplace. Free cars / buses also don't do much, since they often tend to walk in very strange patterns, often choosing to walk immensely long distances This way my farms don't do much, despite their effectiveness rating...

Comment

Hi maskatuoklis,
        please be aware that Tropicans travel whatever distance neccessary to fulfil their needs. Best would be always keeping track on their standing and needs. As e.g. a filthy rich Tropican will not visit a tavern, when there is another entertainment building fitting their standing somewhere else on the island. Same for fun, housing and so on.

-cheers

Comment

hello,i play the game on xbox one.I find so much issues,such as press X on the ground without people should always start road construction,but sometimes it not working.I need press Y then B to fix it.And when i use raid menu,if i want cancel a mission in the quene,it just not working on the main page.I need to press RB to the single page to do so.And when i use trade menu, i want use offer botton to sell a kind of goods,but the menu get stucked everytime.I need press down to locate the trade offer i wanted by myself.And some tropicans just do not leave their shack.Even the family is rich and i built a apartment just near there shack.And some shacks just show up and disappear very soon,and repeat again and again,these shacks have no one live.And when i use the 'book' menu to manage every building i have,i can't use the focus demolish botton,unless i use the RB and LB to make the botton show up.Similar issue happened when i want to use helicopter to extinguishing.I need to press LB and RB then down botton to make the botton availible.And when the tropicans populations beyond 1100,the graphics get stuck so often make me mad.Sorry about my english,im not good at it.Oh,i almost forgot,the ancient ruins is very bugged,first if i want to built the building,i need to creat a path to it first,otherwise,the building icon is always red even i created the path to it after i start the built.Second,the building's arrow is always red,even i put a road to it.But this seems not affect the tourist to visit it.And the last,the coconut building is totally broken for the version now.

Comment

Working...
          X