Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

E3 2019: Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars Announced

New turn-based strategy IP with card game and empire management coming to PC and consoles
Teaser-Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp_4aCMOr30
2 of 2 < >

The Biggest World War II Strategy Bundle of the Year

Sudden Strike 4: Complete Collection available now exclusively on the Kalypso Shop
See more
See less

Is it just me or is this one a lot more difficult?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or is this one a lot more difficult?

I'm finding the missions to be much more difficult for no other reason than I can't seem to figure out just what it is the people want.

I'll have high satisfaction on all items, above 50, and still won't have overall approval. At least, not enough to win the election. I'll see a lower faith approval and add some churces, chapels and, maybe, a cathedral, and nothing happens. I'll see low job satisfaction and start taking steps to improve job quality, and nothing... I'll have plenty of food, jobs, healthcare, faith, fun, you name it, I'll have it, and my overall approval will be around 20.

Also, I'll be doing great, money-wise, but then, all of a sudden, my finances go into the toilet.

I mean, is it just me?

Same here and it makes me feel stupid... although after playing Tropicoland mission I start to see the pattern (not sure if it's your case):
    In modern times it is not enough to just have a great economy and stats. People mostly rely on their fraction leaders, if you fulfill their demands, bribe etc. + I have yet to try Image Campaign, but I assume it's a neccessity. (a bit like in real life...)

However, I still encounter some problems in this mission:

- aside from quests, I get 0 fraction demands without forcing them with Audience edict
    - even if I do fulfill them, my approval goes up just by 1-3%
    - people's approval is constantly dropping, so after going up by these few percents, it drops again steadily
    - considering all above, when I focused on good living conditions and tourism, my approval hit rock-bottom to just 1% despite great prosperity
    - it makes me focus on campaign all the time instead of focusing on missions

About the money: I think these ups and downs occur when you have only 1 dock and long period between ships arrivals

>>>UPDATE: I restarted the mission and everything seems fine lol. Bugs probably
    Last edited by PatKa; 05-29-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

The Almanac is your friend! Check into it, see what happiness levels are at, see what your faction standings are at, how many people are in each faction(Keep in mind Tropicans are multi faction supporters, they will often be part of more than one faction.) Its not enough to have good happiness or good faction standing, you need both. And everything in this game takes time. Patience is the utmost important. Standings build up very slow. One very good way I find to boost voter approval is to get the Environmentalist faction big, use media work modes to convert Tropicans to that faction, and build 1x1 parks, a lot of them. Each 1x1 park will raise Environmentalist standing by 1. Its a huge boost before elections, especially because it increases their approval right away!

The economy seems to change at the start of every new era. In Colonial era I can bank over a million just from rum exports, but after that they just dont seem to bring in as much cash. You need to keep up with the eras and have production matching it. You also need to watch your spending, cash in Vs cash out. Check how much you are spending on wages, and empty residential. Keep your waste to a minimum. Again, this game rewards patience, and I feel like it must be played slowly.

There are still some bugs, some of which can crush your economy. I was playing Superpower Defense, and my nickle mines glitched and would not produce any nickle, which caused my weapons factories(I had 3 of them) to stall out, which ruined my economy. You have to keep an eye on everything. Sometimes demolishing and rebuilding will fix bugged buildings, or rebuilding the road to them. When I play I am always looking around the island, checking all my buildings, keeping an eye on teamsters, traffic flow, boats, everything.

Keep in mind that a building that improves one faction, will likely decrease another. It is difficult to balance. Bribe money helps, but not as much as it did in Tropico 5. Swiss bank is quite critical in this, becuase of the ability to buy faction standing and other useful things like the Image campaign.

As or writing this I am currently playing the finial mission, and have beaten all the other ones. I feel I have a pretty good grasp on this game, I will try and help you out.

Comment

I'm completely stuck on Pirate Kings. I can't seem to keep money going since everything has to be brought in. I tried getting all the mines going, which was fine until I went into World Wars. Then everything tanked and money just kind of disappeared, and fast.

I'm able to keep a pretty good satisfaction level going, enough so that I can win elections. But then, the lack of funds causes me problems, to the extent I can't build or trade or build the stolen buildings, which will take me to the next level.

It gets pretty frustrating, to be sure.

It never occurred to me to bribe the faction leaders. That was never really something I did in the other Tropico's, so didn't think it needed to be done here. That's a good suggestion!

Comment

Working...
        X