Announcement

Collapse

Railway Empire - France DLC to hit the rail 24th May

Your travel dates for Railway Empire’s next destination ‘France’ have been confirmed:
The train will depart from platforms PC, PS4 and Xbox One on May 24th, with a free update launching on the same day.
See more
See less

Tropico 6 (Steam) won't launch on Mac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropico 6 (Steam) won't launch on Mac

Hello,

Tropico 6 on Steam won’t launch on my system. I keep receiving the following error message:

An error occurred while updating Tropico 6 (missing executable):

/Users/chrisking/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Tropico 6/Tropico6.app/Contents/MacOS/Tropico6

I've checked out the Steam support site but nothing has helped. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi kingy75,
    please find all details on how to enter the MacOS Beta Branch on Steam here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/49272...1442687445264/

Find the reasoning for this in the Open Letter #2 t the Tropico 6 Community as follows:
    Taken from the official Open letter #2 written by Kalypso Media’s owner and Managing Director Simon Hellwig to the Tropico community:
    'One thing we unfortunately won’t be able to deliver at release on March 29th is a 100% working version for Mac OS.
    During performance tests, we noticed that the game doesn’t run smoothly enough on a few older Macs. Since I play Tropico 6 on an older MacBook Pro myself (and it does run), I have now insisted that we provide a preview version for Mac OS with all the features of the full game on Steam on launch day – with the full version available soon for the Mac App Store as well.

I know it’s not perfect, and we promised a simultaneous release on PC and Mac, but it wouldn’t be fair to deliver the current version as the “final” Tropico 6 on Mac if it doesn’t work or suffers from poor performance on a few systems, especially if they meet our specified system requirements.'

- Full letter: https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/ope...ty-march-2019/

cheers

Unerde

Comment

Working...
    X