Announcement

Collapse

Kalypso Media - Where Games live

See more
See less

Mission achievements unavailable after another person logged his Steam account on my computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission achievements unavailable after another person logged his Steam account on my computer

So my friend sometimes plays from my computer. He was the first to purchase Tropico on his Steam account.
    After he logged on my computer, I no longer can earn mission achievements on my account, for those missions that he completed on his. Even though some of them he played at his own home, but they synched after he logged here.

My achievements list: Click image for larger version  Name:	5a61a95f64c16e9a1e39eb0fe1e6939d.png Views:	1 Size:	160.9 KB ID:	3380
    (Sorry it's in Russian, but you can see the number of acievements and the icons).

My missions list: Click image for larger version  Name:	Missions.png Views:	1 Size:	855.3 KB ID:	3379

I only earned achievements for the missions that he hasn't played, even though I myself played all the marked missions on my account.

Can I fix it? Already tried reinstalling the game while also wiping Tropico Documents folder.
    Last edited by Shana; 05-02-2019, 08:36 AM.

Hi there,
    interesting found indeed.
    But, in order for us having a closer look into this, could you share following details with us in the first place:
    • Do both of you own the game in you respective Steam accounts, or does just one own the game and the other is playing via family share?
    • Which missions have been played and which achievements have been unlocked by whom and what seems to be not unlocking anymore and in detail?
    • Have you already tried, simply restarting Steam, rather than reinstalling the game? Probably a simple restart of Steam could already get this sorted.
    • The wipe of the folder should be taken with care: As first: when Steam Cloud Saving is enabled, it will be synched and set back anyways; when it is disabled, all progress will be lost, as it was just stored locally.

-cheers

Comment

• Shana
      Shana commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks for your answer

So:
      1. We both have a copy of a game on our accounts, no family share.
      2. Missions he played on his account: Penultimo the Carribean, Speakeasy, Better Red then Dead, Chocolate Factory, Pirate King, Acts of God, Shackland, Superpower Defence, Bureocrazy 2.0. First 3 he played even not at my comp, they just synched here.
      I played after him on my account: Penultimo the Carribean (no acievement), Speakeasy (no acievement), Better Red then Dead (no achievement), Chocolate Factory (no achievement), Pirate King (no achievement), Tropicoland (+achievement), Acts of God (no achievement), Battle Royal (+achievement).
      So the idea is clear: I only earned achievements for missions he hadn't done yet.
      Note: other (non mission related) achievements are fine, at least I know for sure that he has The Governator and the trade routes one and I was able to earn them as well.
      3. Yes, at least Steam had an update and restarted on its own. Also tried just now, no effect.
      4. I am almost ready to replay them if you clarify on that one. So I have to disable Steam cloud and reinstall the game, then they all will be gone?
      Last edited by Shana; 05-02-2019, 03:51 PM.

Alright, reinstalling the game after disabling Steam Cloud worked.
    I should not enable it again, right?

Comment

Hi Shana,
      it is up to you.
      But, to be save, simply make a backup of your save-folder, somewhere else on your machine with another name. Even though Steam cloud would be activated and your files synched again, you can simply exchange the savegame folders. Especially, when your friend logs in again, he might synch the files, when cloud saving on his acc is still enabled and therefore the fun starts anew.

-cheers

Comment

Working...
      X