Announcement

Collapse

Railway Empire - France DLC to hit the rail 24th May

Your travel dates for Railway Empire’s next destination ‘France’ have been confirmed:
The train will depart from platforms PC, PS4 and Xbox One on May 24th, with a free update launching on the same day.
See more
See less

Tropico released today on Steam - no mac version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi pattymayo,
    first of all:
    What system specs are required in order to play on MacOS?
    Minimum
    It is not guaranteed that systems below those requirements may be able to properly run the game and we cannot support systems, that are below those minimum required specs.
      MacOS Mojave (10.14)
    • Processor:
      Quad-Core (i5 or i7) 3GHz or better
    • Memory:
      8 GB RAM
    • Graphics:
      Metal, Shader 5 compliant GPU with 2GB VRam (AMD Radeon Rx560 Pro / Nvidia Geforce GTX775 or better)
    • Storage:
      16 GB available space

If this is checked and works fine, please do following in order to play Tropico 6 on MacOS via Steam:
    Here is the guide how to enter the MacOS Beta branch!

1. Go to your Steam library
    2. Right-click Tropico 6
    3. Select Properties
    4. Select the "Betas" section
    5. Select the "PublicMacOSBeta" from the drop down menu
    6. Steam should automatically start the download.
    [To opt out from the Public MacOS Beta, just repeat the steps above and select "NONE" in step 5]

-cheers

Comment

• pkbeats
      pkbeats commented
      Editing a comment
      I just installed steam and the beta for Mac. It works, but when I check hard drive space it says steam took up 20 something gigs of space on my hard drive, and Tropico 6 did as well. Both of those took 50gb of space on my hard drive. Is it installed twice? Or is it because it downloaded Tropico 6 for PC and then the beta for Mac? Can I run steam and have Tropico on my external? Thanks for help.
      Last edited by pkbeats; 04-16-2019, 10:57 PM.

Hey Unerde - any update on when the full Mac version will be available? I would download the beta but I don't want to have to buy the game twice. Once to get the beta and again when it hits the App Store.

Comment

Hi everybody,
      we are busy working on Tropico 6, with priority of crash fixes for all platforms as well as multiplayer savegames and the final MacOS version.
      As soon as we have more detials to be shared, we will do so accordingly.

-cheers

Comment

lmao what an absolute joke. it's been almost a month since the original release of the game (which by the way promised the mac version as well), and they're still working on the final MacOS version. don't worry guys, as soon as they have more details to be shared, they will do so accordingly. next time just tell us beforehand that the mac version will be released at a later date. we're mac users; we're used to having games come out later for us, but to arrogantly suggest that the mac version will be released along with everything else, and then a month later say that the final MacOS version is a priority at the moment? im so glad i didn't pre-purchase this game jesus tapdancing christ. i literally made an account just to say this because i was so baffled at the above response.
        it's not a secret that mac users don't make up the majority of gamers, so of course you would cater first to your primary platform-base. but please at least have the decency to not straight up lie to your customers and pretend like your false promises are still genuine. im still going to buy and enjoy tropico 6, but boy what a let down. i mean, imagine paying for a car, but it's incomplete and in order to use it you need to have mechanics come by and tell you exactly how to start it because otherwise it won't work properly. also, it's still incomplete so as soon as they can get the missing parts, they will deliver them to you so that your car is working at a 100% with no issues. that's tropico 6's beta in a nutshell, and im pretty sure most people expect a fully working product by the date, especially if it was promised.

-cheers
        Last edited by smilingpig67; 04-24-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Hi smilingpig67,
          please be aware that we informed you accordingly across all our channels:
          Full open letter: https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/ope...ty-march-2019/
          This letter can also be found on Steam, the Kalypso Homepage and across our Social Media Channels and was posted in advance of the release on 29th of March.
          Therefore, it is not true, claiming, we have not informed the users of the MacOS version.

-cheers

Comment

fair enough, maybe next time tell the steam store that as well. the mac icon was present all the day til launch, which was when it disappeared. it's probably the reason why there was so much confusion in the first place and i bet you a lot of mac users would have waited til it was available before buying it, like many people seem to have done. would've been a much bigger problem if steam was bad with refunds but they're usually good with it
            Last edited by smilingpig67; 04-25-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

The issue is not that there were bugs when the release was supposed to be delivered and make a shift on the planning.
              This happens.
              The issue is that one month later customers are not informed of a new planned delivery date.

should we wait a few days / weeks or the mac released is for next year (and customers should shift to something else until then instead of waiting) ?

That is the info kalypso has to give to customers.

And one month or more to give it is not really what a customer may expect !

" ...I have now insisted that we provide a preview version for Mac OS with all the features of the full game on Steam on launch day – with the full version available soon for the Mac App Store as well..."
              "soon" is less than one month, I think.
              Last edited by jmguiche; 04-29-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Hi everybody,
                please be aware that we have applied a new update for the MacOS beta yesterday:
                https://steamcommunity.com/app/49272...0184072911486/

For sure we are still busy releasing the final version as soon as possible, so stay tuned, as we will update you accordingly across our official channels.

cheers

Unerde

Comment

The reason why the delay is a shame is simply because there are so many people out there longing to play the game. Obviously you have a lot to work on and that is fine, you do your thing!

However, it has soon been 6 weeks now and it gets kind of frustrating to not know for how much longer we have to wait. Is there any estimation of how long it will be until the release? Is it in the area of 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or should I get myself a PC if I want to play this game really badly?

Salute comrades

Comment

Hi BennyBigBanana,
                    it is already playable on MacOS, as stated above and everywhere on our official channels via the MacOS Beta, which also features all features of the game, without restrictions.

-cheers

Comment

lol that's right guys, it's already playable on MacOS without any restrictions via the beta, so no problem right? wrong because if that was the case then why not just release it on steam so mac users can play normally instead of walking mac users through the process of manually installing a beta that doesn't seem to have an end in sight. I am so glad I haven't given in to buying this game yet, and kalypso (if not kalypso then just Unerde) keeps playing it off like it isn't a big deal. just wait guys!

seriously im not giving this game a chance anymore. Unerde your responses to the community's outcry is downright egotistical and unapologetic. it might not be your job to actually fix the game, but if it's your job to communicate with customers via official kalypso forums, i think you are doing an objectively terrible job. you seem to have no problem calling out others when they make an error (like mine earlier), but then talk like you downright don't give a crap about the mistakes you seem to be making. again, if i'm misreading your intent with your messages, you are doing a terrible job communicating.

-cheers
                      Last edited by smilingpig67; 05-09-2019, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I noticed that you opened up Steam to mac directly recently. However, it is stil the beta version. What is the actual difference between the beta and the full game?

Comment

Hi BennyBigBanana,
                          find the reasoning behind the MacOS Beta on Steam in the full official Open letter #2 to the Tropico community here:
                          https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/ope...ty-march-2019/

-cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X