Announcement

Collapse

Railway Empire - France DLC to hit the rail 24th May

Your travel dates for Railway Empire’s next destination ‘France’ have been confirmed:
The train will depart from platforms PC, PS4 and Xbox One on May 24th, with a free update launching on the same day.
See more
See less

Tropico released today on Steam - no mac version?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropico released today on Steam - no mac version?

Hello, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of Tropico 6. I even pre-ordered it on Steam - but today when I was expecting to be able to play it, it seems there is no Mac version. Has the Mac version been delayed? Even on the main page of this website it seems there are only Windows and Linux versions advertised. What happened?
    I am considering refunding the Steam purchase since I can't play this game

hi joel_k,

Update MacOS
    Taken from the official Open letter #2 written by Kalypso Media’s owner and Managing Director Simon Hellwig addressed to the Tropico community:
    'One thing we unfortunately won’t be able to deliver at release on March 29th is a 100% working version for Mac OS.
    During performance tests, we noticed that the game doesn’t run smoothly enough on a few older Macs. Since I play Tropico 6 on an older MacBook Pro myself (and it does run), I have now insisted that we provide a preview version for Mac OS with all the features of the full game on Steam on launch day – with the full version available soon for the Mac App Store as well.

I know it’s not perfect, and we promised a simultaneous release on PC and Mac, but it wouldn’t be fair to deliver the current version as the “final” Tropico 6 on Mac if it doesn’t work or suffers from poor performance on a few systems, especially if they meet our specified system requirements.'

- Full letter: https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/ope...ty-march-2019/

How do I enter the Public MacOS Beta branch?
    1. Go to your Steam library
    2. Right-click Tropico 6
    3. Select Properties
    4. Select the "Betas" section
    5. Select the "PublicMacOSBeta" from the drop down menu
    6. Steam should automatically start the download.
    [To opt out from the Public MacOS Beta, just repeat the steps above and select "NONE" in step 5]

Comment

• joel_k
      joel_k commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the quick response! I appreciate a company that will iron out the bugs for all players, including older-machine owners! I will check out the beta for the time being.

Good evening from down under ...

Joel_k ... good to hear some other Mac users enjoy this game ... and Mr Admin ... thank you for the update ... Reading this part ... "
    I have now insisted that we provide a preview version for Mac OS with all the features of the full game on Steam on launch day" - can you let us know where / how we can get it try it ?

I'm a LONG time Tropico player (Im bloody old) ... and have also been waiting for the next instalment - this instalment - at least it's close !

SALES TEAM - Im thinking for LONG time users there should be a discount to the purchase price ... the new version is $70 AU here ...

Mitch
    Very Long Time User - VLTU

Comment

Originally posted by Unerde View Post
      hi joel_k,

Update MacOS
      Taken from the official Open letter #2 written by Kalypso Media’s owner and Managing Director Simon Hellwig addressed to the Tropico community:
      'One thing we unfortunately won’t be able to deliver at release on March 29th is a 100% working version for Mac OS.
      During performance tests, we noticed that the game doesn’t run smoothly enough on a few older Macs. Since I play Tropico 6 on an older MacBook Pro myself (and it does run), I have now insisted that we provide a preview version for Mac OS with all the features of the full game on Steam on launch day – with the full version available soon for the Mac App Store as well.

I know it’s not perfect, and we promised a simultaneous release on PC and Mac, but it wouldn’t be fair to deliver the current version as the “final” Tropico 6 on Mac if it doesn’t work or suffers from poor performance on a few systems, especially if they meet our specified system requirements.'

2. Right-click Tropico 6
      3. Select Properties
      [To opt out from the Public MacOS Beta, just repeat the steps above and select "NONE" in step 5]
      Great idea. Works until you are supposed to start the game.
      Then NOTHING happens. Not even an error message.
      To be honest: Kalypso need to fire every single person involved in the communications, marketing and release of this game. I just spent good money to get a public beta. That don´t even start.
      Nothing short of scam to sell stuff you don´t deliver.
      So in short, everyone need to get fired. The whole release process is a disaster and it will be almost impossible to do pre-sells again for this company.

So, now what?
      What am I supposed to do with a game that don´t even TRY to start?

Comment

Thank you for letting us know, Unerde. Should Mac users report about the beta version at this time?

Comment

Hi Unerde ... Is the Beta still available for download ? Im unable to find it if it is ... no biggy though ...

Comment

Hi mitchsharpe,
            which Beta we are talking about now? MacOS-Beta, sure it is, as it is the only MacOS Version available at the moment.
            The pre-release steam-beta? No, as there is not reason why, as the game has been fully released on Friday, with the latest up-to-date version (even received a small update on the weekend) and features all content,

-cheers

Comment

• mitchsharpe
              mitchsharpe commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Unerde, Yeh the MacOS Beta is what I was looking for to get me started ... There was a link on Steam to the Beta which started to load a page but only a heading or headline graphic appeared. Ive had another look on steam today and I can't find anything, although I may be looking in the wrong place ! ...

If there is still a MacOS-Beta available can you point me to it please ?

Thanks in advance !

• mitchsharpe
              mitchsharpe commented
              Editing a comment
              Delete previous post awaiting OK ...

I just re-read the instructions above - so I need to Buy a version for PC I suppose, it drops into my library, then I can try and download the MacOS Beta ?

I might wait for the full game ... (I'll hang on to my $80 ...)

Cheers

Hi @Unerde,

What features are lacking in MacOS-Beta and when is the full release expected to become available?

I paid the full price for this game on Steam expecting to receive a full release, so it's very disappointing that only a beta is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Unerde View Post
              hi joel_k,

Update MacOS

2. Right-click Tropico 6
              3. Select Properties
              I followed the steps you posted on my iMac. I have the latest steam client software but when I select the "PublicMacOSBeta" no download triggers. Am I supposed to install the game (even though it's the PC version) or anything else first?

Comment

I went through the 5 steps to activate the MacOSBeta. When I select the beta in properties nothing happens. There is no auto-download as the instructions suggest. What am I doing wrong? Sorry if this message posts 3 times but every time I've tried to post something to these forums I get an "unapproved" message and nothing shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by martyjay75 View Post
                  I went through the 5 steps to activate the MacOSBeta. When I select the beta in properties nothing happens. There is no auto-download as the instructions suggest. What am I doing wrong? Sorry if this message posts 3 times but every time I've tried to post something to these forums I get an "unapproved" message and nothing shows up.
                  Same here. It´s a complete disaster.
                  The game simply don´t work at all on Mac and worst part is Kalypso not EVEN trying to communicate.
                  It´s more than a week since release and they cannot say when a Mac version will be available and no one outside their office seems to have a working Mac beta.
                  It´s a joke and they make it even worse with bad communication.

Comment

When the version MAC ?

in 1 week? In 1 month? In 3 months? In 6 months? In 1 year ?

Give us a time or date for the Mac version !

This would be the minimum of respect for all MAC users who have purchased the license ...

And who are greatly deputy not to enjoy TROPICO 6 !!!!

And please don't answer "soon" just be honest even if the date is remote.

Thanks
                    Last edited by Mr_AD31; 04-05-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Hi everybody,
                      if no download triggers, first load the default and when done, switch the branch to Beta. Should work properly though.
                      If it comes to the full release, we still cling on the feedback of the players of the Beta to further improve pn performance, before finishing the beta and providing the full version.
                      Even though your do not have any disadvantages, as the beta offers all content without restrictions.

-cheers

Comment

Hello,

I bought Tropico 6 and I try to run it on my mac but it won't start.

When I try to start the "normal" version, it tries to launch and says something like "can't find .exe".

If I start the beta mac os version steam says "Preparing to launch" but then nothing happens.

Also, maybe it's normal, but every time I switch the version it triggers an update.

Thanks.
                        Last edited by Olivetton; 04-09-2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Do we need to preorder Tropico 6 for Mac in order to run the Beta? Sorry, I never use Steam and trying to figure this out....
                          Thanks for y'all's assistance!

Comment

Working...
                          X