Announcement

Collapse

Kalypso Media announces launch of official Discord Server

Kalypsonians!
We are proud to announce Kalypso Media’s official and verified Discord server!

Join now and be among the first to experience this brand-new branch of our ever-growing community.
https://discord.gg/kalypsomedia
See more
See less

Mac OS 2019 - Crash on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac OS 2019 - Crash on Startup

Very disappointed.

Purchased Tropico 6 on Steam and installed it on my brand new Macbook Pro with plenty of RAM, huge disk space and 2 Graphics card.

Crashed on several occasions on initial screen on different parts (when attempting to start new game, when attempting to choose map, when changing values on new map, etc.)

Details on System and part of one of the many crash reports below as the report goes on for 17 pages of incomprehensible and this forum would not allow me to upload nor do I receive any response when I sent it with a note to support email. I only receive an automated message directing me to this page.. Not the best customer service I have had.

Please help. I do not want to think I wasted so much money to purchase it on Steam

MacBook Pro – System Information

Model Name:
    Model Identifier:
    Processor Name:
    Processor Speed:
    Number of Processors:
    Total Number of Cores:
    L2 Cache (per Core):
    L3 Cache:
    Hyper-Threading Technology: Memory:

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:

Chipset Model: Type:
    Bus:
    PCIe Lane Width: VRAM (Total): Vendor:

Device ID:
    Revision ID:
    ROM Revision:
    VBIOS Version:
    Option ROM Version:
    EFI Driver Version:
    Automatic Graphics Switching: gMux Version:

Metal:

Intel UHD Graphics 630:

Chipset Model:
    Type:
    Bus:
    VRAM (Dynamic, Max): Vendor:

Device ID:
    Revision ID:
    Automatic Graphics Switching: gMux Version:
    Metal:

MacBook Pro MacBookPro16,1 8-Core Intel Core i9 2,4 GHz

256 KB 16 MB Enabled 64 GB

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M GPU
    PCIe
    x16

8GB
    AMD (0x1002)
    0x7340
    0x0040
    113-D3220E-190
    113-D32206U1-019
    113-D32206U1-019
    Supported
    Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

Intel UHD Graphics 630 GPU
    Built-In
    1536 MB

Intel
    0x3e9b
    0x0002
    Supported
    Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

Process: CrashReportClient [12638]
    Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Tropico6.app/Contents/UE4/Engine/Binaries/Mac/CrashReportClient.app /Contents/MacOS/CrashReportClient

Identifier: Version:
    Code Type: Parent Process: Responsible: User ID:

com.kalypsomedia.tropico6 4.20.2 (4.20.2)

X86-64 (Native) ??? [1]

steam_osx [10598] 501

Date/Time:
    OS Version: Report Version: Bridge OS Version: Anonymous UUID:

Sleep/Wake UUID:

2020-01-21 12:10:25.656 +0100 Mac OS X 10.15.2 (19C57)

Time Awake Since Boot: 46000 seconds Time Since Wake: 15000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:

Exception Type: Exception Codes: Exception Note:

EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

4.2 (17P2551)

5B134E51-8837-50B9-BFEB-194E510F3607 798F59D2-DDB9-457E-A942-EBB08243FAE0

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'NSWindow drag regions should only be invalidated on the Main Thread!'
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
    abort() called

Application Specific Backtrace 1:

0 CoreFoundation
    1 libobjc.A.dylib
    2 CoreFoundation
    3 AppKit _postWindowNeedsToResetDragMarginsUnlessPostingDis abled] + 310

0x00007fff3ad278ab __exceptionPreprocess + 250 0x00007fff70dff805 objc_exception_throw + 48 0x00007fff3ad5030c -[NSException raise] + 9

0x00007fff37ea0538 -[NSWindow(NSWindow_Theme)

Hi El Greco
    please be aware that your system is below the minimum requirements, which are required in order to properly run the game in the first place.

Yet, in order to get this tackled properly, but without making promises so far (as your system still is below minimum requirements), players, who are experiencing crashes since the update and are unable to solve those via the provided tips, tricks and workarounds from our technical FAQ, and/or are below minimum specs may send our developers their full system specs and crash dumps, in order to help us getting this sorted as quickly as possible.

To get those necessary details to our developers, reach out to our technical support:
    - via support@kalypsomedia.com
    - Provide them your system specs first. To get those, please do following:
    *Click 'Steam Help' menu (top left of your Steam-client window).
    *Select second-last option 'System Information' in the dropdown menu.
    *Right-click in the popped-up window and select 'Copy all text to clipboard'
    *Simply paste the copied system information into your email.

- Additionally, please add the most important file: the crash dumps:
    Note: Please be aware that by default Apple hides the library/users folder, which you need to access in order to head over to the crash dump files we need.
    To get into this hidden folder:
    - Via the "Finder", select the "Go" menu at top of the screen and choose "Go to Folder".
    - In the window that opens, enter ~/Library, and click "Go".
    Once in there look for this specific path/folders:
    /Users/USER/Library/Application/Support/Tropico6/UnrealEngine⁩/4.20⁩/Saved⁩/Crashes
    Everything withing the "Crashes" folder should be send, accompanied by your full system specs to our technical support in order for them to forward this to the devs.
    *MacOS crash file: /Users/USER/Library/Application/Support/Tropico6/UnrealEngine⁩/4.20⁩/Saved⁩/Crashes

cheers

Unerde

Comment

..and BTW Unerde. This laptop has 64 MB of Memory....Did you say it is "below" requirements ?

Comment

Hi there,
        yes it is below minimum requirements:
        Here are the minimum reuqirements for MacOS:
        • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
        • Processor: Quad-Core (i5 or i7) 3GHz or better -> Your CPU just offers 2,4Ghz, whereas 3Ghz are required and 3,2Ghz+ are even recommended
        • Memory: 8 GB RAM -> You are good to go
        • Graphics: Metal, Shader 5 compliant GPU with 2GB VRam (AMD Radeon Rx560 Pro / Nvidia Geforce GTX775 or better) -> Your integrated 5500M chip is roughly coming up with the needed graphic card, as it is still a mobile chip, which always lacks the performance of a desktop-graphic card.
        • Storage: 16 GB available space

So yes, even though slightly, you are at least in terms of your CPPU below the minimum requirements, yet, I told you, what the next steps could be, if you still want to get this sorted, but without making promises.

-cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Unerde View Post
          Hi there,
          yes it is below minimum requirements:
          Here are the minimum reuqirements for MacOS:
          • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
          • Processor: Quad-Core (i5 or i7) 3GHz or better -> Your CPU just offers 2,4Ghz, whereas 3Ghz are required and 3,2Ghz+ are even recommended
          • Memory: 8 GB RAM -> You are good to go
          • Graphics: Metal, Shader 5 compliant GPU with 2GB VRam (AMD Radeon Rx560 Pro / Nvidia Geforce GTX775 or better) -> Your integrated 5500M chip is roughly coming up with the needed graphic card, as it is still a mobile chip, which always lacks the performance of a desktop-graphic card.
          • Storage: 16 GB available space

So yes, even though slightly, you are at least in terms of your CPPU below the minimum requirements, yet, I told you, what the next steps could be, if you still want to get this sorted, but without making promises.

-cheers
          My configuratioion is OK.
          Mac OS 10.15.2
          Proc 3,4 ghz Quad core
          Ram 16 GO
          Graphic Radeon pro 570 6Go

Since the 10.15 version of mac os the game does not work anymore.
          I sent a mail to the support but never get any answer.

Comment

Hi jmguiche,
            please be aware that our support does not consists of hundredes of employees, regular working hours apply to them as well, additionally they are busy and carefully getting through all inqueries coming in, not just Tropico 6 MacOS, but as well all other platforms for Tropico 6, all other games on all supported platforms for all games out of the Kalypso Media portfolio, old, present, new and upcoming. Therefore, it simply might take some time.
            Not to mention that sending a report will not cause an intermediate fix for a problem, but is actually a process, of getting all those details, checked, tested, forwarded, checked, tested, probably even fixed, tested again and most likely waiting for implementation for a bigger fix.
            Yet, our support cannot send an email for every step taken, from those above.
            Additionally, please be aware that spamming tickets with the same content will simply prolong the process rather than speeding it up.

Therefore, simply stay tuned, patient and wait for more details to be shared with you as soon as those are available.
            Not to mention that first and foremost, the majority of crashes can be pinpointed by systems, below minimum requirements.

Thank you for understanding.

-cheers

Comment

Unerde....I understand the limits on support resources so perhaps you should recommend to management to also limit the sale of products to volumes you can support. You have the data per game of how many support requests you receive per 1,000 units sold. You also have the average turnaround time per support request per gamet. You obviously know the size of the technical team. It is a simple calculation to determine the maximum number of units that should be sold per game to ensure you support the players better, faster, simpler and more cost efficient. You might have great games but if you are unable to support the volumes sold, then your brand gets a hit and it will affect the sales. In this community of gamers, word gets spread around quickly. I know you are trying to help but I also think that these issues should be escalated within your organization. Be well

Comment

Hi,
                I have just bought Tropico 6 for Mac (Mojave) on Steam paltform.
                Fews days ago I played with this game without any issue, but today it crashed each time on startup, few seconds after mission selection.
                I have already tried to uninstall and install it again without any success.
                If needed I can post the crash report
                Last edited by iPa; 02-03-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iPa View Post
                  Hi,
                  I have bought Tropico 6 for Mac (Mojave) on Steam paltform.
                  Fews days ago I played with this game without any issue, but today it crashed each time on startup, few seconds after mission selection.
                  I have already tried to uninstall and install it again without any success.
                  If needed I can post the crash report
                  Before each update I make a backup of the .app file, so I tried to replace the new one by this one, and ....... now it's working !
                  The there is something wrong with the las update.
                  Last edited by iPa; 02-03-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hi iPa,
                    could you share some more details on which files you have saved (created a backup) and have replaced and where to find it in detail?
                    Thanks in advance.

-cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Unerde View Post
                      Hi iPa,
                      could you share some more details on which files you have saved (created a backup) and have replaced and where to find it in detail?
                      Thanks in advance.

-cheers
                      Hi,
                      Sorry for this late answer, it seems that I didn't get an email notification.
                      Yes I have replaced the main file Tropico6.app (about 28GB) located at ‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users ▸ ⁨iPa ▸ ⁨Library ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steam⁩ ▸ ⁨steamapps⁩ ▸ ⁨common⁩ ▸ ⁨Tropico 6⁩
                      by the previous version.

Comment

Thanks for updating this thread, yet, we got that sorted together on Steam already.
                        once again, thank you for sharing, yet, it is hard to impossible for new users to get this working.

-cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X