Announcement

Collapse

Kalypso at PAX West and Tokyo Game Show

This year, Kalypso Media presented their most anticipated games for 2019/2020 at PAX West and Tokyo Game Show with a huge line-up of great strategy games.

More Details:
[EN] https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/kal...w-in-pictures/
[DE] https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/de/imp...ame-show-2019/
See more
See less

Tropico 6 Will Not Run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropico 6 Will Not Run

I just got a new computer to fix a problem with my old one. This one is running Windows 10, DirectX 12.0, an AMD Ryzen 3 220G Quad-Core Processer with the GPU built in and when I try to start the game it says "DX11 feature level 11.0 needed to run the game." I am running above this level and it seems this new game cannot handle a new system. I've seen similar issues posted elsewhere where people running new computers with Windows 10 and DirectX 12.0 are unable to run the game. Can you offer a solution?

Hi Veronica,
    please share all of your system specs, meaning also the amount of RAM built-in, as well as your graphic card.
    Additionally, the DirectX problem just came up in combination of Windows 7, as it just comes with Direct X 11, whereas DirectX 11.1 is needed and needs to be manually installed.
    As you are running Windows 10, this should not be related.

-cheers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	specs1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	12377

Comment

Name:	specs2.jpg
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	12379

Comment

What the guy who built it said when I approached him about paying him to install more stuff in there:

I appreciate you are having issues – however, I have researched the two games you are running and they should be performing at peak performance with your current configuration. You are running Vega 8 graphics with 8 dedicated graphics cores on the unlocked CPU which is MORE than enough for both your games. Direct X 11 is a dead feature as we are now on Direct X 12.

I have 26 different customers currently running your exact hardware configuration and running much more taxing games – such as World of Warcraft. Some overclocking generally helps with certain games – and that is all on the player to test out.

Comment

Name:	specs3.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	12382

Comment

Hi Veronica,
              so you do not have a dedicated graphic card but just a built-in AMD integrated graphic chip?
              As be aware World of Warcraft is not demanding and does not make sense to set in comparison. As be aware we are using the latest Unreal engine (Unreal engine 4), which is quite more demanding than World of Warcraft, which has not made huge steps forward and still using the same engine since release, just slightly enhanced.

Furthermore, be aware that integrated graphic chips do not have much dedicated VRAM, mostly a maximum of 64MB, rest is taken from your actual RAM as shared memory, but as said this will be taking from your system and thus not available anymore for any other tasks.
              As Tropico 6 needs a minimum of 2GB dedicated VRAM, that is the bottleneck of your system, where we cannot help or further support you, as we simply cannot guarantee the game to run, if the system is below the minimum requirements, which is the case in your setup, with the lack of a dedicated graphic card at the moment. The rest of the system is perfectly fine in order to properly run the game though.

-cheers

Comment

I'll have that installed Wednesday so I'll check back if I have further issues

Comment

The problem is the build of windows. 1903 is causing all sorts of game crash problems. Most of it is a sound problem incompatibility. On Tropico 5 the only way I can get it to run more than 30 seconds is to stop the Windows Audio service

Comment

Working...
                  X