Announcement

Collapse

Kalypso at PAX West and Tokyo Game Show

This year, Kalypso Media presented their most anticipated games for 2019/2020 at PAX West and Tokyo Game Show with a huge line-up of great strategy games.

More Details:
[EN] https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/en/kal...w-in-pictures/
[DE] https://blog.kalypsomedia.com/de/imp...ame-show-2019/
See more
See less

Grey box on opening Tropico 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey box on opening Tropico 6

I've just downloaded Tropico6 on my Mac (from Mac store). When it opens, a grey box in the middle of the screen opens, and looks like it is buffering a video.

This box stays, and cannot be closed. Ever.

(it seems that I cannot post screenshots so can't show you what I mean!)

For Example

This makes the game unplayable, as most of the action boxes are located behind the grey..

Whats the solution?

Thanks.

John

PS - walked by the stand at gamecom in Cologne today - that prompted me to buy the game!

Hi Minotyphoon,
    could you have a try again? Should work now.
    If not, could you also add your system specs (OS, CPU, GPU and RAM) in order to get this properly sorted.
    Thanks in advance.

-cheers

Comment

HI. Still has the same problem. I tried deleting and re-downloading the software, and that didn't work.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 8 GB

Comment

Still no response? How about a refund?

Comment

Hi Mintotyphoon,
          please be aware that your system is below minimum requirements needed in order to properly play and actually run the game in the first place.
          Those system specs can be found listed on all our official store pages (Steam, AppStore, Kalypso Store) as well listed below:
          Minimum Specs:
            • not listed from your end
          • Processor: Quad-Core (i5 or i7) 3GHz or better
            • your CPU is definitely below the minimum
          • Memory: 8 GB RAM
            • This one is ok, at least hitting minimum in your end
          • Graphics: Metal, Shader 5 compliant GPU with 2GB VRam (AMD Radeon Rx560 Pro / Nvidia Geforce GTX775 or better)
            • As you have listed no GPU, you most likely only have an integrated graphic chip not capable of handling the game at all, as those have a max of 64MB VRAM, rest will be used from overall RAM as VRAM, where you have roughly the minimum anyhow
          • Storage: 16 GB available space

Refund is not done via this forum and you might have to get in touch with the respective support, where you have obtained the product. E.g. on Steam directly, getting in touch with Steam support, via MacOS AppStore getting in touch with Apple Support, via Kalypso Store, via support@kalypsomedia.com

-cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Unerde View Post
            Hi Mintotyphoon,
            please be aware that your system is below minimum requirements needed in order to properly play and actually run the game in the first place.
            Those system specs can be found listed on all our official store pages (Steam, AppStore, Kalypso Store) as well listed below:
            Minimum Specs:
              • not listed from your end
            • Processor: Quad-Core (i5 or i7) 3GHz or better
              • your CPU is definitely below the minimum
            • Memory: 8 GB RAM
              • This one is ok, at least hitting minimum in your end
            • Graphics: Metal, Shader 5 compliant GPU with 2GB VRam (AMD Radeon Rx560 Pro / Nvidia Geforce GTX775 or better)
              • As you have listed no GPU, you most likely only have an integrated graphic chip not capable of handling the game at all, as those have a max of 64MB VRAM, rest will be used from overall RAM as VRAM, where you have roughly the minimum anyhow
            • Storage: 16 GB available space

Refund is not done via this forum and you might have to get in touch with the respective support, where you have obtained the product. E.g. on Steam directly, getting in touch with Steam support, via MacOS AppStore getting in touch with Apple Support, via Kalypso Store, via support@kalypsomedia.com

-cheers
            I purchased via the App Store, where it says that my laptop has the standards.

Comment

As I have said, your system is below the minimum specs also listed on the store pages and as I have shared with you here, too.
              Therefore, please get in touch with Apple's support in order to get this sorted.

-cheers

Comment

Just to let you know that Apple states that it is the game manufactuer problem, and not theres. I again request a refund.

"If you’re having issues with this app, please contact the app’s developer directly, they may have more specific troubleshooting steps for their app. Click on the App Site button to open the developer's support page."

On the app page, it states that it works on this Mac book pro.

Comment

Working...
                X