Announcement

Collapse

Kalypso Media announces launch of official Discord Server

Kalypsonians!
We are proud to announce Kalypso Media’s official and verified Discord server!

Join now and be among the first to experience this brand-new branch of our ever-growing community.
https://discord.gg/kalypsomedia
See more
See less

Tropico 5 crashing on Windows 10 - Build:1903

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropico 5 crashing on Windows 10 - Build:1903

Recently my computer upgraded to Windows 10 64bit build: 1903.

Since then Tropico 5 will not load for more than a minute before audio stops and then crashes to desktop.

The game did not behave this way with Build: 1803. When I run compatibility check it says that Tropico 5 is incompatible.

Funny thing is that Tropico 4 will run with no problems. This same issue has been seen on EA forums as well as GOG and Steam.

When can we expect a patch for this?

Hi Eave,
    have you tried running the game as administrator and using compatability modes (e.g. Window 8/7)?

-cheers

Comment

Yes I have. The only way that it runs is if I turn the audio service off. Doing that of course makes it so there is no sound at all.

Comment

Best would be installing the latest build 1909, which seems like to easily fix the problem.

-cheers

Comment

I guess even updating to 1909 has not fixed this. I guess I will not be playing Tropico 5 anytime soon. Still getting the XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded problem and it is the ONLY game that I have this problem with.

Comment

Hi Eave,
            do you have an integrated soundchip, or using a dedicated/external soundcard (e.g. Creative Soundblaster XYZ)?
            No matter, what you are using, please check if latest drivers are available. Meaning latest Realtek drivers, or latest drivers for your soundcard.

-cheers

Comment

I am using the HT Omega Fenix sound card which uses the Xear Auxio Control panel. The driver is 2.07

Comment

Just bought this game to check out the series and I'm having this same issue. Windows 10, Audio / Video Drivers, and the game are all updated. Unerde , can you advise if there will be a fix for this?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi everybody,
                  please reach out to our technical support:
                  support@kalypsomedia.com
                  in order to get this properly sorted and please provide them with all important and neccessary details.

Thanks in advance.

-cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X