I just have a lot of feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just have a lot of feelings

I know I'm super late to the party but I'm here now. I've played Dungeon Keeper on every machine (pc) I've ever owned since 1995 until my last computer. Unfortunately, the game with all of its 46 glorious pixels just can't run well. Let's just say, I'm a hardcore fan.

I've been searching for the illusive 'Dungeon Keeper replacement' for years. After the EA machine got Bullfrog, I feared the game was dead and I'd never again see anything like it ever again.

My console of choice is now is an XBOX (until PS5). I've played a lot of other dungeon based strategy games finding no comparable game. No game could quite scratch my Dungeon Keeper itch. I always felt like playing dungeon keeper on a console would be a more natural experience. About once a year, I scour the XBOX store for new strategy games. I recently came across Dungeons 3 and couldn't believe my eyes. From my perspective, this was Dungeon Keeper. Could it be? I read 3 reviews, that mentioned it was Dungeon Keeper inspired and I immediately purchased/downloaded. I eagerly awaited as it downloaded; seriously it's probably the most excited I've been since Christmas as a child.

I immediately started playing it and I was instantly in love. There's so many call backs and nods to Dungeon Keeper. The music? Exquisite! The gameplay? You took out all the bad/annoying parts of Dungeon Keeper and either improved/fixed them or created new game mechanics. The writing? Bonkers, but I really enjoyed it. I like the addition of new game dynamics and immediately adapted to the gameplay and controls. I purchased it a month ago and I've already purchased/beaten 4 of the DLCs. I can't remember the last time I sat down and just played a game all the way through.

I have no other purpose for signing up for this forum other than to tell the people who worked on this game, how much I love it and how much it means to me as a fan of Dungeon Keeper. I'm sure they've moved on to other projects but I work for a software company and I know how good it feels to get a compliment on your labor/work. A lot of love went into this game and I can tell by the level of detail and how deeply reminiscent parts are of the original. The very subtle details that were specific nods to Dungeon Keeper were no accident. I'd really appreciate it if you could try to pass this on.

I cannot thank you enough for the work you've done on this game while expressing my overwhelming joy that hours of playing has/will bring me.

Hi Sergeantpup,
    thank you for your passion and dedication for Dungeons 3. Be aware I have forwarded your kind words directly to the developers, as those words and definitely need to reach out to them as well and should not rest here for just my eyes to see.
    Take care, have fun and enjoy.

Be aware, Realmforge Studios, the evil minds behind Dungeons 3, are currently brewing something new: Spacebase Startopia. Might be interesting for your as well

Take care.

cheers

Unerde

Comment

Originally posted by Unerde View Post
      Hi Sergeantpup,
      thank you for your passion and dedication for Dungeons 3. Be aware I have forwarded your kind words directly to the developers, as those words and definitely need to reach out to them as well and should not rest here for just my eyes to see.
      Take care, have fun and enjoy.

Be aware, Realmforge Studios, the evil minds behind Dungeons 3, are currently brewing something new: Spacebase Startopia. Might be interesting for your as well

Take care.

cheers

Unerde
      I finished the last DLC last night and now your post makes sense.

Comment

Working...
      X