Poll: Are you satisfied with the changes that have been announced so far?
Yes!
No.
I am not sure.
I prefer to wait for the final product before getting overhyped.
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 14-04-2018

Looks very good! What do you think?
Hi,

I've played all Tropico games so far and finally decided to register here. I am very excited for this new installment of the series. I did not enjoy Tropico 5 as much as the other Tropicos, so I hope this will be my new favourite game. When Tropico 5 came out, back then I wrote e-mails to Kalypso suggesting they should implement better transport, and have maps with multiple islands (archipelagos). That was not only my request, but the requests of several players back then in the forums. Although I am not sure that they ever have read my suggestions, I feel like they took the time to listen to what the players had to say and tried to implement these things into the game.

So far, from what I've seen in the trailers, although it doesn't seem to show a lot of gameplay, it looks pretty good and I am quite excited for this new title. What do you think? Are you satisfied with the changes they made / have tlaked about in the announcement trailer?

Kind regards, David Big Grin
(19-06-2017, 06:06 PM)KingDavid Wrote: What do you think? Are you satisfied with the changes they made / have tlaked about in the announcement trailer?

So far to me it is not enough to justify a full new game. The graphics are very good but also very similar to Tropico 5. Multiple islands are great but could have been done in a DLC. Same for better transport. Improving transport should be done in a (free) patch. Only if there are new features for transport it might also justify a (paid) DLC.

As you say yourself, people have suggested multiple islands before but it was not done. Looking on Steam what is desired these days from games like this is the ability to mod the game and offer a workshop to exchange improvements and additional content. There is no word yet from the developers on modding. I am not very optimistic this will be offered because it's not Kalypso's style to listen to the community. See for example how Paradox involves the community for the games they publish"Here is what we plan to do, tell us what you think ?" and see how Kalypso involves the community for their games "We have a new game, we know it's great, buy it."

It's still early days so maybe there is still time for Limbic Entertainment to interact here in the forum and involve the community in the development. So still potential for a great gaeme.

I like the games Kalypso published in the past and bought a few like Patrician 3, Port Royale 2 or Grans Ages Medeival, but they lack the depth and the fong term fun like Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2 or Cities Skylines.
(19-06-2017, 06:06 PM)KingDavid Wrote: Hi,

I've played all Tropico games so far and finally decided to register here. I am very excited for this new installment of the series. I did not enjoy Tropico 5 as much as the other Tropicos, so I hope this will be my new favourite game. When Tropico 5 came out, back then I wrote e-mails to Kalypso suggesting they should implement better transport, and have maps with multiple islands (archipelagos). That was not only my request, but the requests of several players back then in the forums.
People have to understand Kalypso at the time was not a big publisher like EA or Paradox to produce a game with a large archipelago map. 
That being said, they saw how well Tropico 4 did and saw the potential it had. So they poured everything into make the series a big title with T5 and it worked! It became their most pre-ordered game of all time. 
That said how could you not find it enjoyable with all its upgrade. The graphics were significantly improved, they expand the timeline to 4 different eras, multiplayer was introduced, and the ability to create your own constitution was finally possible. Frankly I thought all the cool new stuff outweighed not having archipelagos
(20-06-2017, 02:06 AM)mannysbigtown Wrote: People have to understand Kalypso at the time was not a big publisher like EA or Paradox to produce a game with a large archipelago map. 
That being said, they saw how well Tropico 4 did and saw the potential it had. So they poured everything into make the series a big title with T5 and it worked! It became their most pre-ordered game of all time. 
That said how could you not find it enjoyable with all its upgrade. The graphics were significantly improved, they expand the timeline to 4 different eras, multiplayer was introduced, and the ability to create your own constitution was finally possible. Frankly I thought all the cool new stuff outweighed not having archipelagos

The size of the developer isn't an excuse for the quality of the game, especially when you have small indie teams making some great games. I prefer T4 Modern Times to T5. While Kalypso announced the great T5 pre-order numbers, according to Steam Spy and other sales estimates T4 sold a lot better overall. 

I understand a lot of people love T5 and that's fine, I just wasn't one of them. The RTS elements in T5 are pretty terrible, IMO. I hope T6 gets back to Tropico's roots.
I am 100 percent ready to take over the world. Sign me up!!!
Tropico 5 greatly improved military combat and the importance of international politics - especially with the secret agents. I was glad there are more options than US/USSR and I'm glad to see international politics remain at least as important. I do wonder how money is handled in Tropico 6. I did not like the poor/rich/well off classes at all. The ability to set wages like in Tropico 4 allows much greater income inequality than Tropico 5 and is an important tool in creating a privileged upper class. I had much more trouble creating a military junta in Tropico 5.

I also hope a secular state really does mean a secular state. No more people asking if I want to build a church for them and pay the priests. 

All in all, I'm pretty curious and eager to learn more. I own every copy of Tropico and enjoyed every one of them.