Mitmatch in council members
Somehow there is a slight mismtach in coincil members. It says I have 61 members on my city council. However if I count them I have 57.

And I can not click the individual council members to get details on them (name, age, party, personal traits etc) or individual action (like bribing).
Saggart,
Great Expectations lead to Great Disappointments! If you watched the Kalypso videos of gameplay you'd know those council members are merely graphic representations, pretty pictures. They are not meant to be played with. Keeping track of individual politicians over 5 eras is meaningless busywork and I'm glad they didn't muck up the game with too many meaningless details. It's just a representation of the council chamber. You do all politicking through the political parties. Nice and easy and quick to play.
(24-01-2017, 06:06 PM)Omnius Prime Wrote: Saggart,
Great Expectations lead to Great Disappointments! If you watched the Kalypso videos of gameplay you'd know those council members are merely graphic representations, pretty pictures. They are not meant to be played with. Keeping track of individual politicians over 5 eras is meaningless busywork and I'm glad they didn't muck up the game with too many meaningless details. It's just a representation of the council chamber. You do all politicking through the political parties. Nice and easy and quick to play.

It's a big disappointment indeed. I have Tropico 5 and in there each individual person in your village has a name, a political orientation, tells you what he is going to vote for ("I am going to vote for El Presidente in the coming elections"). And each person can be bribed or even murdered if you wish. So why not have that in a game where the political factor is bigger than the building factor. Not even for the council where you spend a big part of your time you can do that. And not even the numbers are right.

Now I would not expect great details for a city council in a city builder. But Urban Empire praises itself to not be a city builder but a city ruler and asks for skills as a political mastermind and prevailing against opposing parties. That in mind in Urban Empire you can't even influence individual council members if you think you are 5 votes short. In a game with the above description I would expect that the individual council members have individual traits and some are more open to bribes, some less and would report you. Others can be blackmailed, some threatened etc.

In Tropico 5 you can even create your own player character, in Urban Empire you are limited to the 4 families despite it is more about you than the city compared to Tropico 5. In Tropico 5 you can create maps, in Urban Empire you have 3 maps as far I saw. Apologies if I got that wrong and more maps unlock later when finishing games but I only saw 3 maps so far.

As you said, "Great Expectations lead to Great Disappointments", that hits the nail on the head as I had great expectations.
Saggart,
I never played Tropico series but I can see where you hoped UE would be more like Tropico with individuals to interact with. I finally got my game yesterday and enjoyed doing the tutorial, learned a lot about gameplay. I think I prefer dealing with political parties instead of individuals.