Dissepointed in the timing
At last, Urban Empire was/IS to be released today. Personally I made a preorder on GOG, some of my friends made same thing but some on Steam, now it turns out this was a huge mistake. Now we have to sit and wait a whole day for the game to be release on those platforms while those that went to the store and bought the boxed game was able to install it this morning.

Good thing is that I was able to cancel my GOG preorder and went to the local shop and buy the boxed game and installed it.  Rather have it on GOG but shit happens and now I can at least play  Big Grin.  Question is why do you do things like this?  Why release the game evening time (CET)?
Hello Bimdurian.
Please be aware that you can for sure buy the box-version.
But also the box-version includes a Steam-key which needs to be redeemed and will not make you play the game before 7pm CET.
Additionally it might be evening in Europe, but what about the rest of the world? Big Grin
Also most games (not only Kalypso games) will be released around this time, simply as Steam is an American Company and evening-time in Europe is basically in the morning and start of work-time in America.

So summed up: It is impossible to find a perfect time to release a game worldwide. So this is the most fitting and fair time for everybody around the globe.

cheers

Unerde
Pre load would have been nice though Smile
Give those people who purchased the digital version a chance to play at the same time as the optical purchasers Tongue
(20-01-2017, 05:07 PM)Unerde Wrote: Hello Bimdurian.
Please be aware that you can for sure buy the box-version.
But also the box-version includes a Steam-key which needs to be redeemed and will not make you play the game before 7pm CET.
Additionally it might be evening in Europe, but what about the rest of the world? Big Grin
Also most games (not only Kalypso games) will be released around this time, simply as Steam is an American Company and evening-time in Europe is basically in the morning and start of work-time in America.

So summed up: It is impossible to find a perfect time to release a game worldwide. So this is the most fitting and fair time for everybody around the globe.

cheers

Unerde

Sorry but I have no idea what you talking about. I bought a copy of the game in a store in Sweden 11:30 CET. I so not have Steam, and after your post I have been looking for a steam key in the package bunt not found one.  But I just installed from the disc in the box and played without any problem at 11:45 CET.  Without a stem key luckily, because I hate steam so that would not be an option.   As I said In my initial post I'm not alone in my confection about this just wanted to relay that to you to.
Edit: Double post.