Boxed Physical Release
Hi there,

Apologies if this information is already obviously available somewhere but Ive been searching the internet, the forum and the website and cant find any details on what the boxed edition actually includes. Amazon UK have it at £40 and Game have it at £35 but what does the box include? Is it just a CD with a Steam/product key or will there actually be a printed manual? I don't mind paying a bit extra for a box with a manual and any extras in it but if its just a product code I might as well buy it cheaper on Steam.

Thanks for any information Big Grin
The UK boxed version of Urban Empire includes a printed manual, poster, a digital copy of the game soundtrack (included with Steam download) as well as the pre-order exclusive half-timbered houses.
I'm glad I waited for the US Amazon version. Since I'm a Prime member I get the game at $32 plus free two-day shipping. Yesterday, 23/01/2017, I got confirmation from Amazon that my package shipped and I'll get it today. Now that's Prime service and pricing. Yeah I had to wait a few days but I won't have the Steam Big Brother spying on how many hours I play or wasting time saving to their stupid cloud.
Now I'm disappointed waiting for the Amazon US physical release. I wasted 4 days waiting for the physical game in expectation I'd avoid a Steam install. I'm really not happy to find there was only an option to install as a Steam product. I hate the Steam Big Brother act of monitoring game playing time as well as saving my saves to their cloud. I could have gotten the game 4 days earlier and just done the Steam download option. This was not properly explained in the pre-release FAQ.

I hope in the future Kalypso gives us the ability to install games without resorting to Steam or I'll have to rethink buying another Kalypso product.
Hello Omnius Prime.
Please be aware that in Steam you can make use of the offline mode as well as simply saving your game/s locally rather than in the cloud.

If you do not want and like to play on Steam at all, we are also offering Urban Empire on GoG.com:
https://www.gog.com/game/urban_empire

As GoG.com offers a DRM-free solution. So no big brother, no cloud saving, just the game.

cheers
Unerde
(26-01-2017, 12:12 PM)Unerde Wrote: Hello Omnius Prime.
Please be aware that in Steam you can make use of the offline mode as well as simply saving your game/s locally rather than in the cloud.

If you do not want and like to play on Steam at all, we are also offering Urban Empire on GoG.com:
https://www.gog.com/game/urban_empire

As GoG.com offers a DRM-free solution. So no big brother, no cloud saving, just the game.

cheers
Unerde

Unrede,
Obviously after purchasing the game I'm not going to buy it a second time on GoG.com. A shame your company didn't make that clear before people made their purchase decisions, something to make sure you do for future releases. I do save my games locally but that doesn't stop Steam from doing their worthless trick as well. I'm just hesitant that taking Steam offline will force me to miss important updates so that really isn't an option since there is no game front end update routine. Why didn't the physical release give us both install options? That would have given us more value for waiting for the box to arrive, another trick to remember for all future releases.

By the way I'm having fun learning the ropes. After watching some pathetically played videos I'm looking forward to doing my own UE videos where I actually explain stuff properly.

Thanks,

Omnius Prime
and why didn't you look through some shops? GoG also has have the discount of 15% for preorder like Steam. just one visit and you should have known about that. in fact, that you dislike Steam, i am wondering, why you ignore GoG...
Lebe jeden Tag, als wäre es Dein Letzter! / Live each day as it would be your last!
[Image: http://imghost4you.com/images/46.png]