July 2016 Xbox 360 update hang/crash
It looks like there was an update in late June/early July 2016 for Xbox 360 that is causing a hard crash of my console after a few minutes of play. No red ring or anything like that, and all other games and apps work fine (after restarting the console). If I delete the update, it won't let me play anything other than the original campaign or "The Big Cheese" (I'm assuming this is by design), which have no problems. However, after reinstalling the update, any other mission crashes after a few minutes. It's unpredictable how long I can go before the crash, and it doesn't seem related to any specific action within the game. I've tried reinstalling the game, update, and all DLC, but it still happens.
I have had the same problem all weekend. Very frustrating. I can go up to 20 minutes before a crash, but I can't detect any pattern.
I can confirm that this also occurs with a new Xbox I just bought thinking the previous one might have had hardware issues. It also happened on the default campaign, so I don't think it's tied to DLC.

Early on in the course of play the building pictures in the build menu become corrupted, so there's probably a clue in there.

Any ETA on when there might be a fix? The game is effectively DOA right now since you can't play it with the update, and it's severely hamstrung without it.
Hi everybody.
Could you please share more details about the problem you are having.
Most important:
- Which platform (XB360, XB1)?
- What is happening (small summary, probably reproduction steps for our Devs)?
- Since when it is happening?
- More details (such as screenshots, savegames, YT-video of the problem, ...)?

To get this sorted properly.

cheers

Unerde
Thanks!

Platform = Xbox360

What is happening = the game freezes - this happens apparently randomly. I have had it freeze within a few minutes of playing, or freeze after an hour. I have to shut down the Xbox360 completely, and start from the last auto-save. Also the images in the building menu will get scrambled.

Since when = I had not played in a long while and when I opened the game last weekend, (July 28 or 29) there was a "game needs an update" notice. I installed the update and the problems began.

Sorry, cannot do screenshots from work Smile
Platform = Xbox 360 (repro'd on two separate consoles, including a new one)
Repro = Play the game for a few minutes and it hangs the console requiring a power cycle. I've tried at least a dozen times in the past week. It's happened to me in new and saved campaigns and missions, as well as once when trying to save a game (although not always when saving).
Since = Most recent update (between late June and mid July).
More details = All I've noticed is that the pictures in the build menu (icons for the buildings) start corrupting early on in gameplay. They all start off fine, but after a few minutes they're messed up and the console hangs a short while later.
Hi everybody.
So you have started an all new campaign/sandbox and when saving the game will end up in an infinite loading cycle?
Or are you using old saved games?
What about the game? Do you have DLCs installed? Are you playing a specific campaign, such as e.g. Waterborne?

I need as much details as possible before forwarding this.
Have you installed the game on your XBox360? Are you using the Retail/boxed version, or the digital version of Tropico? Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the game?

cheers

Unerde
I have the boxed version of Tropico 5 and have tried with the game installed to the drive as well as from disc. I have tried on multiple Xboxes, including one that was brand new when the game was installed and updated before first play. I own all available DLC and have tried with different combinations of it downloaded. I've tried combinations of new, old saved, and new saved games of different campaigns and missions. I've tried new games with the default campaign as well as seven different missions (but no sandbox). Absolutely everything I've tried with the update installed has hung the console within 10 minutes.

The only time I was able to play without a hang was when I uninstalled the recent update.
So what got updated the game or the console?
As I am aware of an console update which went live end of July.
So you assume that this XBox(360) Update causes the problem?

EDIT:
In addition I need following details:
- Version of the game (to be seen in the menu of T%)
- language of the game
- region setting of your console
- language set on your console

What about XBox One users? Has anyone experiencing similar problems since the latest XBox Update?

cheers

Unerde
I have at the boxed version of Tropico5, English language on Xbox360, USA Region, English.. I have Waterborne and the Paradise Lost & Hostile Takeover bundles plus the Big Cheese.
If this helps, I checked out the Tropic forum on Reddit and folks there are saying it happens when the game is auto-saving, and that it may have something to do with poor internet connectivity.
Hi CaptainCalico.
Have you actually tried the solution from reddit, using a stable internet connection or no internet connection at all?
Sticking to this are you using the cloud saving function? As this might do the trick when having a not stable internet connection and simply disabling this by saving locally.

To check and change this, simply go to the XBox360 "settings", select "storage", click on "cloud saved games" and simply on "disable cloud saved games".

cheers

Unerde
Well, I did both, stable (cable) internet connection and I turned off cloud saving. Still happens. Fritz images and feeling up. I have had it freeze in the middle of auto-saving as well.
So. I deleted everything, clean slate. Re-downloaded all purchases (Waterborne, Espionage, Big Cheese and all 3 bundles.) All my saves and dynasties gone, starting fresh

Put the disk in - message says "Update is available" so I download that.

Cable connection to the internet, cloud saving turned off.

Game freezes inside of 5 minutes.

I deleted the update, and I can play without the freezes or the scrambled images, but I can't play any of the DLC without it, only the main campaign & Big Cheese. Very frustrating.That is $70+ dollars worth of content that I paid for and cannot enjoy.

It does seem to be related to the "Update" and the autosave. Is there any way to turn the autosave off? I've seen comments on the Tropic Facebook page and Reddit that indicate that others are having the same problem.
Hello CaptainCalico.
I will forward this and we will have a look into this.
So far please do not assume that other have the same problem as this cannot be confirmed. Probably it is similar to yours, but this needs to be checked and sorted first.

If you have more details to share, please feel free to do so.

cheers

Unerde
Look, it is the update, other xbox 360 players are having the same problem, same timing. After seeing on these forums how long it took you to fix a very similar problem that the Playstation players had earlier I won't be holding my breath.

I've been playing Tropico since version 3, I had my eye of Wolves of Midgard, but if this condescending attitude and glacial customer service is what I can expect then I'm going to think long and hard before throwing good money after bad.

"cheers"
Hello CaptainCalico.
I just need some more details, that is all I am asking you for, as we simply cannot reproduce the problem and have no problem at all playing the game and saving it.
Nevertheless I am just sorting and pinpointing what might be the problem on your end, or what makes the version you are playing probably special/different and therefore causing the problem.

Anyways, as I have suggested already, feel always free to contact our technical support directly
support@kalypsomedia.com
provide all details, also those I have asked you for already, a summary of your problem and how to reproduce as well as (if possible) savegames off of your XB360 that we can have a look at them.

So it is not about customer service, but simply a problem of communication as it seems and I am trying to fix this with you as well.
Regarding the PlayStation4 problem, please read the thread in this board about this topic carefully, as it just needed that long, as after a long time a player actually read what I have written and sent us the needed files. As nobody gave us any needed details and information in order to get this sorted properly.

cheers

Unerde
I did contact them directly Ticket#2016080210000031, told them everything I have told you. no reply since August 6. I would ask you to talk me though how to send you a save game, but I don't actually have any save games from a campaign that exhibits the freezing since (per support advice) I wiped everything clean, and reloaded. Since then I have not been able to save any files while the update is loaded. When I delete the update I can only play the original campaign and the Big Cheese Mission, and there is no freezing.

Details already provided:
-Platform = Xbox360
-What is happening = the game freezes - this happens apparently randomly. I have had it freeze within a few minutes of playing, or freeze after an hour. I have to shut down the Xbox360 completely, and start from the last auto-save. Also the images in the building menu will get scrambled.
-Since when = I had not played in a long while and when I opened the game last weekend, (July 28 or 29) there was a "game needs an update" notice. I installed the update and the problems began.
-I have at the boxed version of Tropico5, English language on Xbox360, USA Region, English, all DLC

What else can I do to help?
Hopefully this helps. When I uninstall the update I can play the original campaign and the Big Cheese DLC, which was free. There is a message that says something like "update required to access some downloaded materials". Maybe the reason you can't reproduce the error has to do with the *purchased* part of the purchased DLC?
waiting patiently
HI CaptainCalico.
Please be aware that there was gamescom almost the whole last week and therefore support had only limited resources.
So please give us some time to get back to you as soon as possible.

Stay tuned.

cheers

Unerde
I get the same issue.

I own the disc version of the game. And all the DLC's.

I can barely play it now Sad
5- 20 minutes and the game will freeze. More often during a save - which wipes it.
Ive clean slated 5 timed and redownloaded.

I cant play it anymore. Please find a solution or Im seriously considoring suing you for wasting me money
Hi Ranosian.
To get this sorted properly, please share following information:
- Platform (PC/PS4/XB360/XB1)
- Language your platform/console is set
- Region you are located
- Language you have purchased your game
- What you have done so far, to get rid of this problem
- When the problem has started

cheers
Unerde
After being a tropico fan for many years and buying every game, I was over the moon to return to tropico 5 recently.

I purchased a number of the downloads; waterbourne, epic meltdown and espionage. This cost me almost £50 in total.

Tropico 5 runs perfectly on my Xbox 360 elite with 120gb hard drive without the update. If I choose to install the update and use my downloads then the game will freeze and the Xbox will completely crash meaning I have to manually power off the Xbox and restart.

Before it crashes, the building menu will become pixelated and shortly afterwards the game will crash. Each time I play, I get roughly half an hour maximum playing time at most. 

If I don't install the update, I can play for hours on tropico but cannot access the downloads I have paid for.

So, at much expense to myself, I thought it may be the game disc. So I installed the game to the Xbox and same problem. I went out and purchased another copy of tropico 5 and same happened. So now I have 2 copies of the game.

I uninstalled the game, cleared the memory cache and same problem. There is absolutely no way to play the download content without the game crashing.

I have tried playing off line, taking the wireless adapter out completely. Tried another Xbox (my sons), tried just a different hard drive. I have done everything and it is the same error.
HI Amyporter1981.
I am sorry, but can you provide following, according to:
(07-09-2016, 09:22 AM)Unerde Wrote: To get this sorted properly, please share following information:
- Platform (PC/PS4/XB360/XB1)
- Language your platform/console is set
- Region you are located
- Language you have purchased your game
- What you have done so far, to get rid of this problem
- When the problem has started

cheers
Unerde
(09-09-2016, 12:02 PM)Unerde Wrote: HI Amyporter1981.
I am sorry, but can you provide following, according to:

cheers
Unerde

Xbox 360
English
U.K.
British

I have explained all I have done to try and fix the problem

I had not played on tropico for months and had an operation 20th August and played the game a few days later which is when I noticed the problem
Seriously, how much more information do you need? The July update causes a problem with saves in Xbox 360s. Your update is rendering people's games unplayable and preventing them from accessing DLC they paid for - fix the problem you created or refund the money.

Oh, and over a month later still no reply from customer service re Ticket#2016080210000031
I have the same issue

just bought 40€ of updates for nothing...

either you guys solve this or you have to somehow compensate us
Anybody know who we can complain to if we get no resolution from kalypso?
It seems you are being very obtuse. 
As the name of the thread suggests, we have the XBOX 360 version.
I happen to have the digital download version from the marketplace.
Though it don't seem to matter, mine is English, US region. Only DLC I have is Waterborne.
Like everyone else here, it has been reinstalled with no effect.
It gets me in every singleplayer mode, including sandbox. This is all new games, not loaded savegames.
I don't know how to make it any clearer that it has started with YOUR LAST TITLE UPDATE FOR 360.
 Fruthermore, not sure about the autosave connection, as the last time it crashed was only about 2 minutes into a new game far to early for an autosave.