Gameplay-FAQ
(13-11-2010, 01:38 AM)Spike Wrote: "In fact, the high score takes only your highest score per mission!"

That's the way I understand it, Branchflower. If you replay a challenge or campaign and score higher the second time, the second score is counted and it replaces the first score.

So, if you are playing the challenges, you are better off selecting different ones than ones you have completed (but did not earn a particularly high score).

Spike

Thanks for the clarification! I am still baffled how some players could score tens of millions of points in a single game! Is the developers looking into this issue?

Sad
(13-11-2010, 01:58 AM)Blanchflower Wrote:
(13-11-2010, 01:38 AM)Spike Wrote: "In fact, the high score takes only your highest score per mission!"

That's the way I understand it, Branchflower. If you replay a challenge or campaign and score higher the second time, the second score is counted and it replaces the first score.

So, if you are playing the challenges, you are better off selecting different ones than ones you have completed (but did not earn a particularly high score).

Spike

Thanks for the clarification! I am still baffled how some players could score tens of millions of points in a single game! Is the developers looking into this issue?

Sad

Any news about this from the developers? Will Tropico 4 face the same problem????

Sad
I wasn't sure where to post this but I would like to contact and admin about a problem I am having. It may be nothing but I just want to make sure. Also, I really had no clue how to contact you so I'm sorry that this probably isn't how I ams supposed to.

Spike

The campaign high score is not cumulative BUT the challenge high scores ARE CUMULATIVE. I have tested this and it is true.

If you don't believe me, just complete 2 different online challenges and see it for yourself. Or better still, just view my name "Blanchflower" and I am in the second page in the high score list because I have completed 3 different challenges and they ALL add up!

Cheers!

Big Grin
How much, if any, does population increase with clinics and hospitals set to preventitive medicine, no immigrants, and no contraception ban? It's not a huge problem, I just wondered. You know, if I ever lasted long enough for that to matter.
Ok, I've been playing this for a while now and getting pretty good at the game. I thought I'd gotten to the point where I knew everything about game play, and then today I got hit with something I've never had happen before. ANATHEMA! I have never experienced this before in any of my games. So um, how exactly do you fight this? Do I just have to outlaw the religious faction to get it to go away? Or is there something less drastic I can do?
"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."
~Theodore Roosevelt
(27-07-2011, 01:32 AM)Tyroq Wrote: Ok, I've been playing this for a while now and getting pretty good at the game. I thought I'd gotten to the point where I knew everything about game play, and then today I got hit with something I've never had happen before. ANATHEMA! I have never experienced this before in any of my games. So um, how exactly do you fight this? Do I just have to outlaw the religious faction to get it to go away? Or is there something less drastic I can do?

Do you have sufficient churchs, and/or cathedrals? If so, are there enough workers (priests)? Do some favorable things to the religious sect, and see if it goes way.

I myself, have never encountered this, but that is as far as my logic can assume. Anathema means a curse, a ban, or to loath something.
Update: It seems that if you wait long enough Anathema goes away on its own. Which is just as well, I was currently fighting the Enivonmentalists as well and didn't want to have to deal with both of them. So after Anathema went away I built a Cathedral and the religious faction was happy again. But I had to suspend elections for a bit while under the Anathema, so that was a real learning experience.
"The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife."
~Theodore Roosevelt
Is there some guide which says how many buildings per population you need? Or about how much is the production and consumption in numbers, so we can do our own math?

For example:
How many people can a farm feed? A fishing wharf?
How many logging camps are needed to fully supply a lumber mill? And how many lumber mills for a furniture factory?
How many churches/clinics are needed for 100 people?
(26-08-2011, 12:41 PM)aston Wrote: How many people can a farm feed? A fishing wharf?
How many logging camps are needed to fully supply a lumber mill? And how many lumber mills for a furniture factory?

There are no definite answers to these questions as this depends on too many factors and your individual people to count.

You will have to find out for yourself.
If you can afford it and you think the clinic is full all the time you may want to build a second one. Also, if you can't get the feel of when you should introduce more healthcare you cn look a few individual citizens stats. From here you can see whether their health needs have been fulfilled.

If you look on the lists section of the almanac it might help you if you look at the most unhappy people first as I'm guessing these will be the ones with the least access to a clinic/hospital.
(26-08-2011, 12:41 PM)aston Wrote: Is there some guide which says how many buildings per population you need? Or about how much is the production and consumption in numbers, so we can do our own math?

For example:
How many people can a farm feed? A fishing wharf?

A Fishing Wharf and a couple of Farms growing corn can feed a lot of people, with a little excess for export early in the game.

In my experience, one Logging Camp upgraded with $3000 improved saws and $1500 faster regrowth, can just about supply one Lumber Mill, which in turn can supply one Furniture Factory.

I tend to build two Logging Camps, but my Lumber Mill ends up with a huge input queue.

As for Churches and Clinics, try to look at how satisfied your Tropicans are with those services, in the Almanac. Just building one Church makes the Religious faction all giddy because it's there. Having enough church to go around is a second issue (not necessarily a secondary one!), e.g. because you need to actually have staff working there.

I'm not sure there's any such effect for Clinics.

To dump some random numbers that are little more than will guesses:

Farm (Good/Corn): 50 people
Fisherman: 80 people.
Church: 60 people
Clinic: 60 people

Furniture Chain: 1 Logging Camp (fully upgraded), 1 Lumber Mill (no upgrades needed), 1 Furniture Factory (no upgrades needed).

Note that if you build a 2nd camp, the Teamsters will initially just dump the logs in the input queue for the Lumber Mill, but I've never seen it go much over 1200 or so. Eventually they'll start taking the logs directly to the port for export.