Technical FAQ
Your password does work, you just need to enter/remember it correctly. You can change it from the login screen, though.
Actually I had to register my game again. I may not have tried any challenges after buying AP when it was released this may have caused my account to reset. It would be nice if they had a retrieve password option since they want your email address anyway.

Edit; Thanks for the fast reply
That's normal, AP comes with a new serial key and requires a new registration as the challenges are in a different format and stored on another server.
Like the person above, i'm getting the "you need a compatible dx9 card" error. Now i have the latest drivers from NVIDIA (it's a 9800GT card) and i used to play this perfectly fine in the past. I had a format meanwhile (haven't played tropico in months) but my hardware hasn't changed (C2D 2.33Ghz with 3GB RAM). All this on a Windows 7 32bits.

Anyone have any tips about this problem and how to go around it Sad ? I've tried reinstalling gfx drivers and of course, uninstalling/reinstalling T3 but to no avail.

EDIT: Also tried updating directX but it turns out i already have the newest version.

EDIT2: Finally got it to work by resetting my desktop resolution to a more "common" one (1024x768), deleting UserConfig2.lua that by default sets the game to start for the first time on your current desktop resolution, which in my case was causing the problem. Strange that the game doesnt recognize 1680x1050 as a valid resolution here.
Have installed Absolute Power and the 2.01 patch. Now clicking on cities only reveals the little post-it note on upper right. The detailed info tab that used to popup with unexpanded T3 does not popup for buildings, though it still does popup for people.
I'm having a problem whenever I try to load a save game it always brings up Load Game Failed please reply cause I wish to keep playing this fun game.
Hello,

I have just purchased Tropico 3 Absolute Power Expansion, and after installation and starting the game, it asked me to updated the patch which I did and it worked perfectly. However, the problem is after quiting the game, whenever I want to play again the play button is disabled, and I can only play be re-installing the whole expansion again!

Can you please solve this problem for me.

(15-04-2011, 08:38 PM)Your Boss Wrote: Hello,

I have just purchased Tropico 3 Absolute Power Expansion, and after installation and starting the game, it asked me to updated the patch which I did and it worked perfectly. However, the problem is after quiting the game, whenever I want to play again the play button is disabled, and I can only play be re-installing the whole expansion again!

Use a Program shortcut rather then the CD/online service 'Play' button. There is probably one sitting on the START or All Programs/Kylypso Menu.
Still having problems then contact support@kalypsomedia.com .

(15-04-2011, 09:03 PM)rj66 Wrote:
(15-04-2011, 08:38 PM)Your Boss Wrote: Hello,

Use a Program shortcut rather then the CD/online service 'Play' button. There is probably one sitting on the START or All Programs/Kylypso Menu.
Still having problems then contact support@kalypsomedia.com .

Thanks for the reply. There is no shortcut for Tropico 3 for some reason! I have shortcut for Tropico 2 and 1 but not 3!! This is why I have to use the CD.

(15-04-2011, 10:37 PM)Your Boss Wrote: Thanks for the reply. There is no shortcut for Tropico 3 for some reason! I have shortcut for Tropico 2 and 1 but not 3!! This is why I have to use the CD.

Use Games Explorer as explained in your Windows operating system user manual. Games for Windows titles do not create desktop shortcuts.
Hello, I'm new here. I've been playing Tropico 3 for some time now, and have some issues. I have to type in the serial key every time I open the game (both with and without the CD). When I'm connected to the internet, it says that the key is wrong (when it's right), and the other way around when I'm offline, because I read in some forum that I should disconnect, and it helped. As much as I've read on this forum, I understand that there are patches, but I can't see they have ever been downloaded, which I suspect comes from the offline-right-key-thing, which I guess from my game isn't properly registered. I tried to reconnect right after typing in the key (and it starts counting log in-time), but no patch-action.
Has this something to do with firewalls? I have no idea how to deal with that and I'm anyway on a workplace network with heavy duty security (I guess).
I'm thankful for any help.
(28-06-2011, 03:51 AM)SLIP414 Wrote: So i bought tropico 3 for my Xbox 360, and for some reason each time i press continue or load one of my saves, it freezes my Xbox, and i went and even got a brand new copy....please help me out

This is a known issue with xbox and populations over 500. There will be no fix for it. A few threads talk about this issue.

have an issue
i installed my tropico 3 game fine ran it activate it then downloaded the 1.7 patch just to get

your vid card does not support dx 9

any ways to bypass this please help

Hello,

Fiber optic adapter