Pre-Order DARK on Steam now!
Hi all,

DARK can now be pre-ordered on Steam! For some of you certainly very interesting, because in addition to the full version of DARK you get not only the official DARK Strategy guide, but also 15% discount!

So waste no time and pre-order DARK now!

Cheers,
Dennis
Walk the Line

(22-05-2013, 05:12 PM)Dennis Wrote: Hi all,

DARK can now be pre-ordered on Steam! For some of you certainly very interesting, because in addition to the full version of DARK you get not only the official DARK Strategy guide, but also 15% discount!

So waste no time and pre-order DARK now!

Cheers,
Dennis

I have on steam, how do we read the guide when we play the game? Is it digital? looking forward to this....Smile
yes, it will be a pdf file.
(31-05-2013, 04:28 PM)Walt Wrote: yes, it will be a pdf file.

Great, I can use the pdf on my tablet WHILE USING STEAM TO PLAY THE GAME...IT LOOKS AWESOME....

http://www.themaniczone.blogspot.com
I would like to add I pre purchased on steam...its out on DVD on 14th June, with bonus extra content and I stupidly bought the steam version which is out 28th June and all you get extra is pdf guide! oh, 15% off..

hey dudes...come on...

give us the Digital extras for pre ordering on steam especially as we get it 2 weeks later then Xbox or PCDVD and that has digital soundtrack, plus extras......! Shopto.net have for £26.89 plus all digital extras on PCDVD out June 14th!

What have I done? been an ripped myself off here in a really bad way without realsing it, so give steam the digital pack please!!! on pre orders especially!
14 June is outdated. The digital release on June, 28 is the first release. The retail version on PC and Xbox 360 will come out in July.
(31-05-2013, 07:12 PM)Walt Wrote: 14 June is outdated. The digital release on June, 28 is the first release. The retail version on PC and Xbox 360 will come out in July.

That's good to hear, but what about the digital extras? Cant we get them on steam with our game? It has to PCDVD only? As I bought on steam thinking it had all the extras I am a bit like omg...what have I done now?
no, those extras are retail only. steam has the strategy guide as extra.
(31-05-2013, 07:49 PM)skidpro Wrote:
(31-05-2013, 07:12 PM)Walt Wrote: 14 June is outdated. The digital release on June, 28 is the first release. The retail version on PC and Xbox 360 will come out in July.

That's good to hear, but what about the digital extras? Cant we get them on steam with our game? It has to PCDVD only? As I bought on steam thinking it had all the extras I am a bit like omg...what have I done now?

Where did you find it for pcdvd? Amazon has it only has a download code (...for steam). Walmart only carries the Xbox 360 version.
(31-05-2013, 09:44 PM)yunafire Wrote:
(31-05-2013, 07:49 PM)skidpro Wrote:

Where did you find it for pcdvd? Amazon has it only has a download code (...for steam). Walmart only carries the Xbox 360 version.

shopto.net have them fir £26.65
but I am really surprised at the retort of a reply from calypso, makes me want a refund, I haven't asked before but if they want us to buy hard copy for digital extras then why cant the digital version get those extras? but ok, I will not bother at all as its a bit shirty...what is wrong with stream? none of your own DRM??? well u got Xbox so expect it to resell....
as for a lot of other games from other publishers there are sometimes different packages for different retailers. the steam pre order package has 15% price discount plus the strategy guide which is the most valuable item plus the release of the game will be digitally first worldwide which is quite unique. pc and xbox 360 retail will follow in july. at this moment the pc dvd version will possibly not be released in US retail.
(31-05-2013, 10:34 PM)Walt Wrote: as for a lot of other games from other publishers there are sometimes different packages for different retailers. the steam pre order package has 15% price discount plus the strategy guide which is the most valuable item plus the release of the game will be digitally first worldwide which is quite unique. pc and xbox 360 retail will follow in july. at this moment the pc dvd version will possibly not be released in US retail.

which means game will not sell, you lose money and I don't care as this sucks, the digital version should have the digital contents, not the hard copy have digital content only....I pre purchased it so I save £1! big whopping deal and get a PDF only? Never again and I will not be recommending this game to my blog, friends or website I write for. if you cant do it properly don't do it...I should not have bothered....I leave this forum bye bye
I think i tried my best to explain it (digital release is first etc etc).

But just because you just "blind" pre-ordered/bought it on your favorite online store without looking left and right, you now do not like a game which you haven't played yet and thus will not recommend it....eeehm ok. You made yourself clear to all...
(01-06-2013, 11:07 AM)Walt Wrote: I think i tried my best to explain it (digital release is first etc etc).

But just because you just "blind" pre-ordered/bought it on your favorite online store without looking left and right, you now do not like a game which you haven't played yet and thus will not recommend it....eeehm ok. You made yourself clear to all...

A release on steam a week or two before hard copy is irrelevant, IMO, and steam IS NOT my favourite platform, the PS3 is, it doesn't even get a release on PS3 so yeah I am clear as you are bunch of 'we are better then you' devs, it will fail this way....I would prefer hard copy but I thought it was the same deal on steam as hard copy is usually limited to an amount of activations, DRM, steam has its own DRM overlay...I have an Xbox but I am not paying £40 for it even though I reckon it will under £20 in a few weeks on that console.

you think your answer is the best way and eff everyone else. I the consumer say otherwise but you don't really care so when business fails you can blame it on poor sales. I say poor marketing tactics. I am wrong and you are right! I can eff off as I am only a consumer that keeps your bread & butter....you you.......enuff . You will not listen to your consumers, which is weird, very arrogant about it. I was looking forward to this game, now I really don't care as the forum mods/devs are not the encouraging. This is this and that's that...followed by poor sales, oh why did that happen...I TOLD YOU!

I sit back with popcorn and watch it fail....
Actually, skidpro, you're the one being difficult and generally acting like an entitled consumer. As the dev said, it's not uncommon for a game to have different extras (if any at all) from different stores. Heck, look at Mass Effect 2 and 3. They had "exclusives" from all of the major retailers.

You cannot judge a company, or a game you have not played, based on where (and when) you made your purchase.
(01-06-2013, 11:50 AM)yunafire Wrote: Actually, skidpro, you're the one being difficult and generally acting like an entitled consumer. As the dev said, it's not uncommon for a game to have different extras (if any at all) from different stores. Heck, look at Mass Effect 2 and 3. They had "exclusives" from all of the major retailers.

You cannot judge a company, or a game you have not played, based on where (and when) you made your purchase.

and those exclusives were made available to PS3 too and I chat on steam and people read this thread and agree with me...so I don't care.

if this the case then all I am asking for digital content to be available with the digital version of the game..they get shirty, so I do. As a consumer I can ask and hope for a polite response instead its harsh this is this stuff attitude, this company could take a leaf out of CD PROJECT RED book for a change....and maybe listen to customers????

I bet a couple weeks after release or when hard copy is out Kalypso will be offering an upgrade for more money on steam...I know how this works now...too old for this rubbish...been into gaming far too long...milk us for a cash cow....why don't you do a season pass??? LOL
Yes pre-order this like I did this morning and maybe they will push back the release date on Steam again with out notice. That really turned me off to pre-ordering I dont think I will do that again.
It seems like steam has moved the release to like retail copies, so much for the week earlier bonus for being digitally purchased....they really need to stop making promises they can't keep.
What the hell is going on, I pre-ordered on Steam with the release date being the 29th of June 2013, now it is showing the 6th of July 2013.

Fix this please.
Due to different reasons we had to move the release date for one week. The game will be released on July 5.
(27-06-2013, 09:59 AM)Walt Wrote: Due to different reasons we had to move the release date for one week. The game will be released on July 5.

I have never asked for a refund before on steam but I just have on this...especially after your response, and this:

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/pc/P...-bonus-dlc

Now its not just me you have annoyed but a lot of steam users who pre ordered and you get shirty, where is the shirty now WALT?????
Beside the Steam release date which we unfortunately had to change on a very short notice (due to different reasons we can not comment this in more detail), there are different pre-order promotions for different platforms. I.e. Steam features the strategy guide, retail pre-order features additional stuff. This is not an unusual procedure, we mentioned this before.

If you like to cancel your Steam purchase you need to get in contact with Steam because Kalypso is not your contractual partner.
(27-06-2013, 01:32 PM)Walt Wrote: Beside the Steam release date which we unfortunately had to change on a very short notice (due to different reasons we can not comment this in more detail), there are different pre-order promotions for different platforms. I.e. Steam features the strategy guide, retail pre-order features additional stuff. This is not an unusual procedure, we mentioned this before.

If you like to cancel your Steam purchase you need to get in contact with Steam because Kalypso is not your contractual partner.

yes my first refund has been requested an hour ago....I am very disappointed with you, your attitude, and one of the Realmforge devs apologised to me on steam forums about this forum so hats off to Realmforge for actually giving a damn...obviously you do not and want to milk us, and the reasons for physical price drops with bonus? the week late release which you made feel so absolutely horrendous about? Like I said, a lot of steam users are annoyed now, the release date was the final straw and the shopto price, and amazon is cheaper then steam in an age where the gamer is not stupid....we know when we are being conned with this one....if you responded in a nicer way about way it might have been different but no..you got all high and mighty...Its that MS mentality really, but they did a U turn on xbox 1 due to consumer pressure....I have said enough, I hope that steam process my refund quickly...but as Realmforge devs were so nice to me I pre ordered the cheaper disc version with digital extras to support the devs.......u don't care...the reason why its being pushed a week back and the 15% off is just not true anymore as the prices have come lower then digital copy. So I ordered that disc to support the devs....and their game...not you for being so nasty about it all. bye.
Probably paid to delay the release.
will there be keys sent to steam, GMG, gamersgate, etc before the day of the release for a pre-load?