Tropico 4 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.06 only)
The side quest of El diablo about the output power demands 500MW but you accomplish just with 100MW.

Sometimes the military leader demands an armory but I want to build an army base or he demands a guard post without having a single general or military building. Would be nice if he demands "an armory or a base" and when had spare generals then demand guard stations.
Not a bug but still... At the trade tab on the almanac, there is not a single list for mining overview (bauxite, iron, gold).

Would be nice if we can shut down the church and fire station sound. They are way annoying.
Rebels can attack the oil tankers left by the tsunami as they are considered "buildings".

PS: Is there a point of making further bug reports or they arent going to release a new patch?
Could you make the sandbox let you choice at what year you want to start? Its annoying to have to wait a lot of years until solar plants, modern condominums, diamond cathedrals, etc.
(19-12-2012, 12:27 PM)dodge83 Wrote: this is to do with the vigilante DLC on the pc.

the bug is:

labor camp and task: arrest the person with the lowest respect once in the labour camp the it does not count as arrested maybe because they are turned into farmers?

***update***
i am playing modern times and the mission is a modern times mission called the shakes

***update***
released and re arrested the citizen still no joy

***update***another labour camp bug discovered***
released the citizen again and fired the police officers manning the the labour camp and built a prison in attempt finish the task and the arresting officer keeps taking the citizen to the labour camp even when there are no police officers working at the building

***update***
i can confirm the problem is the labour camp i have demolished it and arrested the guy for the 5th time this time he went into a prison and the task was completed

I am having this EXACT problem.

Whenever I am ordered to "Arrest 'X Person'" for an Objective, the game does not count the task as completed because the Labor Camp is unorthodox. It demands that I build a prison, close the Labor Camp, and arrest them to go there. Why doesn't it count "enrollment" in the Labor Camp as an arrest?
I have been using the editor and have stumbled across two bugs

1) In the sequence editor WAIT>WAIT TO DATE must always be after 1950. This restriction is not placed on any other date related command

2) (THIS IS THE MAIN BUG) When giving out the free placement for buildings with multiple models (Eg- farms, tenements, apartments, condominiums) you are able to place each model that specified number of free times

So for 3 free farms (2 models), I can place 6 free farms (3 of each). If I switch in between the models after placing 3 of one type (Ie- I try to place a 4th of one type) it charges me for that building, but I can still place 3 of the other type of farm

For 3 tenements (6 models), I can place 18 free buildings
(23-11-2013, 05:01 PM)anomalizer Wrote: [Image: http://anomalizer.net/tmp/converted_a6c7cf9e.jpg]

Looks like a faulty/corrupt installation to me. Try re-installing the game (and Modern Times).
Some more bugs in the editor

1) The Wait, Change and Check "Export Amount/Industry Goods" and ""Export Profit/Industry Goods" trigger do not work. It does not allow you to choose which industry goods and if you try to run it, it freezes the game

2) The "Label Citizens by Uneducated" trigger does not work. It selects no-one. The only way to get it to work is to select "all Citizens" and exclude highschool and college educated citizens

3) The "Trigger disaster/Fires" (Not Fires Negligence or Fires Label) does not seem to work properly. It triggers far more fires than intended

4) The "Change All Commodity Prices" description is misleading. It alters the base prices TO the set amount instead of BY the set amount.
Eg: "Change All Commodity Prices +50%" will raise all prices, but then if you "Change All Commodity Prices +20%" will not raise the prices by a further 20%. It will decrease the prices TO 20% (decrease by 30%)

The "Change Commodity Prices"- All Exports- works fine though except for #1 mentioned above

5) Faction disasters can only happen one at a time. Was this intended?
If two faction disasters happen to trigger at the exact same time, both descriptions appear HOWEVER, only one is actually active. Once that disaster is over, one of the two faction disaster "tasks" remains. If two disasters are triggered again, 3 "faction disaster" windows will be present (including the one stuck from the first time) and when the disaster is over,you now have two stuck tasks

6) It seems I cannot place a "small" gold deposit. Any small gold deposit is the same size as a large gold deposit

7) (THIS ONE IS NOT THE EDITOR) Tourists in the seven star hotel never leave the hotel to use any attractions. They only leave when its time to leave the island
always lost steam cloud saves for this game (only this game)
vsnyc is always on. Sad
Slight spelling mistake in the description of the East Point Academy.
http://i.imgur.com/ciK4ztp.jpg

Cadets beind educated...
Hello,

I have a little bug with "luxury liner" (tourism) : the workers leave their homes and they make a hut on the beach. That's ugly Sad
(01-07-2014, 08:45 PM)Yoannd34 Wrote: Hello,

I have a little bug with "luxury liner" (tourism) : the workers leave their homes and they make a hut on the beach. That's ugly Sad

That is not a bug, it is a feature.
It means that you do not have any housing available in the nearby area or the rent for nearby housing is too high for workers to afford.
Naturally, all workers are trying to find as cheap and as close to the place of work houses as possible. If houses are a certain range away - they simply build their own shacks.
Sorry, but no.
I was tried to build a house on the hut. First, the worker moved into the house.
But after her work, she builded again a hut on the beach, next to her old house (and nobody lived in the house at her place, the house was available and free)...
(03-09-2014, 06:00 PM)Yoannd34 Wrote: Sorry, but no.
I was tried to build a house on the hut. First, the worker moved into the house.
But after her work, she builded again a hut on the beach, next to her old house (and nobody lived in the house at her place, the house was available and free)...

Is it the silly maids at the tourist areas? LOL

The dockworkers and the maids are persistent in building shacks...

Houses in the area do cause a beauty hit; just put a couple of apartments and remember to make a garage so that way they will walk to the apartment next to the garage which allows them some mobility.

(10-09-2013, 01:31 PM)Timo Wrote: My dearest Tropicans, I, Penultimo, am proud to announce that the functional and graphical issues that dark and evil forces had mischievously infiltrated into the Steam version of 'Tropico 4’ can now be successfully eliminated! Play on!

Hi Timo,

Are T4 bugs still being worked on. I see the game plays crystal clear. Just wondering if this post is just for tracking game-breaking bugs or just engine related issues.

Is the team going to working on any modifications (DLC) or functionality additions to T4 or is the work just on T5 now?

Thanks.
(27-11-2014, 09:03 PM)TriStarz Wrote: I don't know if bugs are still being worked on but there's a road bug on top of the map 'Isla Divina'
http://i.imgur.com/y7QCTOA.jpg

Indeed
Game: Tropico 4 (v1.06)
System: PC
Mission: Bickering Factions
Issue: The Ultimate Showdown will not trigger
Time wasted: ~15 hours (I did learn a lot about the game however)

I have put too many hours in to this mission and tried too many scenarios for the final event to not trigger.
Here are some of the things I have done:

Start --> Capitalist(Completed) --> Militaristic(Completed) --> Religious(Completed) --> Nationalist --> Built a Nuclear Plant
Throughout this mission I was attacked by smaller groups of rebels that grow until their numbers were 15. I defeated every wave with ease.
When I built the Nuke Plant: First, it took almost a year to start up ( I had the Employees, just needed the Uranium). After the Nuke produced power, the event didn't start. I waited 5 years and still nothing other than normal raids of ~13-15. Then I decided to "Lure Rebels". Just the normal guys. I waited 5 more years and nothing. I destroyed the Nuke and rebuilt and waited 5 years again. Still ~13-15 rebels and nothing more... I played the game until I had $2.5 million in cash and over 1K population. My Factions were all >80% at any given time.

Start --> Communist(Completed) --> Intellectualist(Completed) Satellites were all set to "Clear The Airwaves" --> Environmentalists(Completed) Built a Nuclear Plant --> Nationalist -->
I already had the working Nuke before I accepted the Nationalists mission. So I demolished it and rebuilt waited 5 years... that did not work. Then I changed all satellites to "Spy" waited 5 years... NOTHING. So I demolished the Nuke again and rebuilt... NADA... I player again until I had a ton of $$$ and people. MY Factions were all ~100%.

Start --> Communist(Completed) --> Intellectualist(Completed) Satellites were all set to "Spy" --> Environmentalists(Completed) --> Nationalist -->Built a Nuclear Plant
As I read on many other forums there could be several issues with this mission. So, I made sure I did not build a Nuke Plant. In Fact, I didn't build any power of any sorts. Also, I made sure my Satellites were set to "Spy" before they were built. After I received the mission from the nationalist, I waited about 6 months before building my Nuke. When I did I had to wait about a year before I had the uranium to power the station up. When it started up, nothing happen. I "Lured Rebels"... Killed the normal wave... nothing... waited 5 years and no big battle. My Loyalist factions was at 100% so I decided to kill their leader (3 leaders and waited 5 years) Nothing happened, their percentage even stayed at 100%. I even built the Mausoleum and put a trap in it. The normal rebel forces only showed... so sad.

Please advise on how to fix this issue.
I worked around the known issues by doing the following: Finished

Communist VS. Capitalist - Communist (Corn, Sugar, Spice Rum and Concert)
Militarist VS. Intellectualist - Militarist (Avoids the whole Satellite issue)
Environmentalist VS. Religious - Religious (Avoided building 3 dumps)
Nationalist VS. Loyalist Loyalist (avoid building a Nuclear Power Plant)

I did not build ANY power of any kind. I also had 100% in all factions.

I just wish I didn't have to reply the same mission 4 times. However, I did learn much about the game dynamics.
Are T4 bugs still being worked on. I see the game plays crystal clear. Just wondering if this post is just for tracking game-breaking bugs or just engine related issues.

Is the team going to working on any modifications (DLC) or functionality additions to T4 or is the work just on T5 nowFiber optic adapter

Thanks.
Is it possible for Tropican-born citizens to fight AGAINST the nationalists during street riots? on mission 6, i had a tropican-born police officer (i think) who decided to attack a group of nationalists while they were rioting. Is that even possible? and yes, he was definitely NOT a nationalist, as he had the red flag icon above his head. please get back to me.