Tropico 4 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.06 only)
I have the same exact problem as the person right above me Sad(((

I am using Steam Edition tropico 4 modern times.

also the maps of "Modern Times" are all blank. only the original game maps are there, the others show up, but you cant select or use them.

When new buildings become available they have the right picture icon and everything. but once they are on clicked on and ready to be built they are all plain red cube squares.

One last thing that I am encountering is that sometimes when the game goes to save, my computer system turns off. Its perfect if you like wasting time and have nothing to show for it !

Other then that, good game.
Tropico 4 is experiencing texture problems ever since the Voodoo update. The card I'm using is an ATI 5670. All visuals were fine up until the last update.

-Smoke from power plants and factories are showing strange rods or crackle like visuals
-Modern Times buildings like the Modern Apartment and 7-Star Hotel start turning an ugly brown color
-The 7 Star Hotel building top has many items like tables, umbrellas and people floating in mid-air
I am running the 1.6 V not sure if its VOODOO or not , BUT steam says my game is up-to-date

unlike you guys though, my graphics are good, the smoke is fine and stuff like that. but maybe since nothing new of modern times is coming up ( they are all empty maps and blank new structures) then most likey I'm still using the old "version" of the graphics and not experiencing the texture errors for that reason.

even though I rather have square smoke, instead of 30 new buildings looking exactly the same. lol Tongue
Hi

We are further investigating the graphical issues since the Voodoo DLC update.

Tim
I am having the same graphical issues. I do not have voodoo installed.
(02-08-2013, 12:59 PM)Tim Wrote: Hi
Tim

No news? Any suggestion? An estimate?
Two weeks later has the investigation found that you need to revert your gfx back to pre-voodoo yet?
Well... I just wanted to add that not only smoke looks "funky" but check the 7 star hotel from Modern Times.... all the umbrellas and stuff are hovering over the rooftop which looks disgusting.

Than the city park sometimes is red texture, palace is sometimes gold texture. I don't own the voodoo DLC, bought collectors edition 3 days ago...

Is Kalypso working on any real fix?

Oh BTW - tourists in 7 star hotel are not leaving it, they don't pay, they got stuck hovering over roof. What is going on? I saw that it was reported in January 2013!
I dont think all these graphical bugs and glitches are going to be fixed ever now that they are working on tropico 5 Sad
(17-08-2013, 06:40 PM)Mephic Wrote: Oh BTW - tourists in 7 star hotel are not leaving it, they don't pay, they got stuck hovering over roof. What is going on? I saw that it was reported in January 2013!

Yeah, Ive noticed that too. Only way to make it remotely worthwhile is to keep the fee for the 7 star hotel at 50

This needs a fix
Wait - i bought a game, graphical glitches were reported so what's the deal. I definitely won't buy part 5 (even though I have all previous ones) because I will be afraid that 5 will be broken too... It shouldn't be like that. Same goes for patrician iv and airline tycoon 2 - games were awesome franchise and now they're broken. Don't understand this policy...

In another words - is there any way to get a refund? There is just too much gamebreakers for me right now. I wouldn't buy it if I would know that modern times is bugged. No one mentioned it on steam description of game. I'm buying a product in EU so I guess all the regulations apply to this matter - product is broken so I can give it back. Will contact Kalypso and Valve than.
(18-08-2013, 11:27 AM)Mephic Wrote: Wait - i bought a game, graphical glitches were reported so what's the deal. I definitely won't buy part 5 (even though I have all previous ones) because I will be afraid that 5 will be broken too... It shouldn't be like that. Same goes for patrician iv and airline tycoon 2 - games were awesome franchise and now they're broken. Don't understand this policy...

In another words - is there any way to get a refund? There is just too much gamebreakers for me right now. I wouldn't buy it if I would know that modern times is bugged. No one mentioned it on steam description of game. I'm buying a product in EU so I guess all the regulations apply to this matter - product is broken so I can give it back. Will contact Kalypso and Valve than.

The graphical issue seems to only affect steam installs. I dont think anyone with a kalypso version of the game has reported this issue (I have a kalypso version and it is working fine with MT and all DLC except propaganda)

So the fault most likely is somewhere with steam and a supposed recent steam update. One that occured after 1.06 rolled out (Which I dont ever remember seeing with the kalypso version)
Ok - so IMO the only right behavior by Kalypso would be: contact valve, remove the update.
(02-08-2013, 12:59 PM)Tim Wrote: Hi

Tim

Hi Tim,
Nothing yet?
Lol... FIX introduced a New bug Wink EA style!
(20-08-2013, 09:47 PM)FZ00 Wrote: Hey Guys,

since today the graphic glitches (Smoke/Water texture) seems to be fixed,

[...]

Sorry, but for me it's not working as it was before Voodoo yet.
Big Voodoo!
A 'Voodoo' that does not buy another game from this company until fix this.
Logging Camps don't work for me. No matter where I put them, even in the middle of the greenest area on the map, the Management tab always says "Not enough trees to continue production."

I am also experiencing the mutilated textures on Modern Times buildings.
(22-08-2013, 11:13 PM)Borreh1973 Wrote:
(20-08-2013, 09:47 PM)FZ00 Wrote: Hey Guys,

since today the graphic glitches (Smoke/Water texture) seems to be fixed,

[...]

Sorry, but for me it's not working as it was before Voodoo yet.
Big Voodoo!
A 'Voodoo' that does not buy another game from this company until fix this.

My first experience of Tropico and this bug hits - really disappointing. Surely there is a bug fix by now? Anyone?
My dearest Tropicans, I, Penultimo, am proud to announce that the functional and graphical issues that dark and evil forces had mischievously infiltrated into the Steam version of 'Tropico 4’ can now be successfully eliminated! Play on!
Does this patch only resolve the steam graphical issues? Or does it also patch other aspects of the game? (Eg: 7 star hotel guests and MT mission problems?)
If so, I cant wait for the changelog! And the patch for the non-steam version
(10-09-2013, 01:31 PM)Timo Wrote: My dearest Tropicans, I, Penultimo, am proud to announce that the functional and graphical issues that dark and evil forces had mischievously infiltrated into the Steam version of 'Tropico 4’ can now be successfully eliminated! Play on!

Timo, the patch was effective only for those, who have Voodoo DLC installed. And what about the rest? I've bought Modern Times only, and for me the patch was 2 mb in size and fixed nothing.
The recent patch also did nothing noticeable for me.
Speaking as a Steam user with all the DLC installed, this patch did fix the road cursor and smoke for me. However in doing so it also broke the Modern Times building textures and now the roof of the 7 Star Hotel has the items from it's roof floating above it. Neither of these were present in my game before the patch, and needless to say I'm not pleased with their sudden appearance.
Can't you simply release a patch on Steam that would make the game playable again...in that I mean before the VooDoo DLC was released?
Problems with T.4 GOLD. Bought it thru Amazon.

1. I finish T.4 Campaign 15 and try to start T.4 Campaign 16 ... game restarts T.4 Campaign 1. I have played the last few years prior to the WIN several times and the next Camapign is always T.4 Campaign 1.

2. Problem with Tutorial 4. Last step hangs and I needed to use the ESC key to get out of it.
I'm unable to wear both a hat and a cigar at the same time. If I try to add a hat while having the cigar, it switches to wearing glasses. If I equip the hat, then a cigar, I switch back to just having hair.
Problems:

1. ARMY DRILL task not removed from task list after issuing the ARMY DRILL Edict.

2. Execute a Criminal task not removed from task list after 'Arranging an accident" and the criminal is eliminated.

3. Wiki page on Bio Farms states that ALL Bio Farms grow Corn. NOT TRUE! BioFarm.lua & BioFarmImpl.lua only show the CORN Bio Farm as growing CORN. (If you destroy your Corn Farms and don't have a functional Bio Farm set on CORN your population will starve.)

4. Solar Power Plant prices not reduced after US Development Aid mission.

- - - - - - - -
Would like to see added:

To Trade items: Do Not Export. (Useful to keep all of an item on the island once produced to maximize the profits from it. (Gold and Oil for example.)

Options:
Import & Export
Import & Do Not Export
Do Not Import & Do Not Export
(Game needs to show when excess inventory is accumulating and more factories are needed.)
Just noticed:

I was watching an Oil Well after I saw the resource depleted message ...

Mines and Oil Wells are destroyed before their remaining output is removed once their resource(s) reach 0. The self destruction must wait until all output has been removed.
The "Build an Armory" task should go away on the completion of either an Armory or an Army Base.

Task goes away when a Swat HQ is built.
Placing a Bio Farm over an area that had something destroyed or self destroyed will leave an artefact in the Bio Farm. ... I find it necessary to place something in the removed area and then cancel the build to eliminate the artifact.
Example: Destroy a farm and build a Bio farm over the area where the farm was ... an artefact is created in the Bio Farm where the farm buildings were.