Tropico 4 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.06 only)
I did Anotnio Lopezs mission which awards A free Soviet but now it seems i have a free factory of each type
I encountered a little bug with Modern Times installed. When I stared a MT map I got a mission to build an armory. I accepted because I always build armories eventually, however, after a time, the armory was replaced with the SWAT HQ and I was no longer able to build the armory, but, the mission would not go away and I had no way to cancel it.

in the same fashion, the environmentalists are always upset if I don't build a garbage dump, but the dump gets replaced by water treatment plants and so I have no way of getting 100% on environmentalist satisfaction. no garbage facilities is always listed as a negative in the factions list but there is nothing I can do about it.

maybe these are not technically bugs, but, they do cause some frustration during play.
(24-02-2013, 08:14 AM)soldyne Wrote: in the same fashion... maybe these are not technically bugs, but, they do cause some frustration during play.

Same with apartments (that get replaced by the modern ones) and farms (that get replaced with bio-farms). In my opinion these are bugs. It should be very easy to find a solution for this problem. (Like auto-fail the mission? Update mission with new building?)
You do now the the Water Traetment Plant does evrything the Garbage Dump does but better
(24-02-2013, 11:32 AM)Curundir Wrote: Same with apartments (that get replaced by the modern ones) and farms (that get replaced with bio-farms). In my opinion these are bugs.
Logic flaws, actually. And it demonstrates a certain lack of attention to detail that the developers did NOT insert some kind of way to bridge the fact that THEY decided to remove older structures to make room for the newer versions. Also things like the fact that in _some_ tasks, "Rum" can be Rum or Spiced Rum, but in others only Rum will do. Once the Rum Factory has been upgraded to Spiced Rum, the ONLY solution is to build an entirely new Rum Factory, just to get one !@#$% task removed from the task queue.
"Until you know what is worth dying for, Life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."
Actually, the modern versions of all buildings should be counted towards these tasks (e.g. Modern Apartments should count as apartments and so on).
(24-02-2013, 07:19 PM)Ieuan Wrote: You do now the the Water Traetment Plant does evrything the Garbage Dump does but better

Yes I think we all know this, but, the Environmentalists don't, thats the problem. If you don't build a dump specifically before it gets replaced then the Environmentalists will always be angry with you to some degree.
Well my Enviramentelists are always happy when i build a Water Tretment plant. Also in the Pirate Heaven Mission despite doing the task which stops the building of all industry except Rum im alaud to build Cement ones
Never mind it was just a delay in the massage showing i payed poping up
(09-03-2013, 09:42 PM)Ravenblood Wrote: Steam Achievements don't unlock as I play and unlock instantly if I restart the game.It is normal?How can I fix it?I really like unlocking achievements and I find it annoying.

This is also what I came to post. Whenever I start a new game session, all my achievements from the previous session pop up all at once. They aren't popping up in the game at the time I achieve them.
(20-12-2012, 08:32 PM)Scoob Wrote: Just a minor bug, but for some reason the costume selector is giving me problems. I can't quite recall the combination I tried, but I am wanting to say I was trying to get the Generilisimo costume with a pipe or a cigar and whenever I would pass over one of the accessories, the hat would change to the crown. Like I said, its just a minor thing (I dont think I ever look at my avatar while I am playing) but its an annoyance none-the-less that it wont let me pick and choose items.

I'm having this problem too. It seems to have started after I bought the Vigilante DLC recently.

It's not so minor for me. I must always wear a top hat and cigar. Always.
I aways wear a hat and cigar and it came with Megalopolis now the only thing you can wear with all hats are glases or Monicle and Pipe
Mission 18 in the original campaign using the eliminate option also will cause it to bug out leaving you with a "guard station loop" bug for the second agent. Though eliminating the agent before patch 1.06 instead of shooting did work.

Save date for the year is 1980ish I believe I let it run for a few hours just to make sure before restarting the mission.

Link for the save is here:
http://www.filedropper.com/newsavegame49
Mission 18 - Cannot find any suspects. The "view" button is not on the task summary therefore there is no way of finishing the mission. It's the task that says there will be an exclamation mark over their heads. I looked for about 20 minutes and saw none.

Steam achievements don't register until you restart the game and they pop up all at once, although this isn't that much of a problem.
I've read a lot of threads with different answers and speculations.
Can the Gamemasters give some insight.

I play T4 modern time on Xbox after about year 1960 when i try to come back and play the game it freezes. I will save the game then when i try to load it later the Xbox crashes and I have to turn it off and on.

Some say its the xbox cant handle, some say its game corrupting, others with memory issues.

I'm hoping to get a GM answer so i know how to procced, I hate getting to 1960 saving then being forced to start anew, iI have like 40sandbox game

Is there something I can do? Is this a patch needed issue? Or will I be awaiting till the Xbox720 lunches
Probably have to wait for 720 and Tropico 5
If I have to wait for Tropico 5 THAT WILL SUCK! but I can understand that. Side note I hope in tropico 5 they add a lot more industry and service buildings... Call Centers, more factories, that kinda stuff.

I guess I can wait for 720, but theres not maybe a patch they can add to make things run smoother?
I don't know if these issues have already been reported but:
- when you build the diamond cathedral and then press backslash it builds the babel tower instead of another diamond cathedral
- in some tasks/missions that say to arrest somebody if you have work camps rather than prisons then the arrests aren't counted (i.e. the 'arrest the citizen with the lowest respect' task doesn't complete)
- you can't demolish passenger docks (gives the same errors as when trying to demolish a dock)
Playing 1.06 with all the latest DLC's. I just couldn't stand it and bought up the last three just the other day.

I've played two sandbox games, without Modern Times since I'm not a real fan but it is installed. I don't seem to be able to get any high school graduates to get a job. In one game I had 3 high schools and nothing. No priests, no firemen, no teachers, etc. I did get cops. Something is just not right. Also, setting the immigration office for skilled workers doesn't seem to do much either.

Without the last 3 DLC's this did not seem to be so much of a problem. It would be on the occasional game, but not two in a row.

In my 2nd game that I'm currently playing, I have not built any buildings that require college educated workers and all high school salaries are set to 20. :-S This is ... discouraging.

Am I doing something to discourage high school educated Tropicans to take a job?
Owning the Steam version including all available add-ons, I found a glitch and 2 bugs while doing the campaign.

Glitch: When playing mission 4 (IMPORTant Business) you can use Labour camps to produce several food stuffs like Banana's, Papaya's, Corn, etcetera.

(Minor) bug: When checking my buildings, the year it's established is the same as the year I'm playing. This goes for the starting buildings, as well as for those I build later.

Bug: When playing Mission 8 (Survival), building a Labour Camp doesn't count as a prison; thus blocking 2 assignments. The first assignment you can't complete is the "Build a police station and a Prison" one. This one can be overcome by building a prison and demolishing it afterwards.
Related: the assignment "arrest 5 criminals" won't update after you made an arrest, because the criminals are brought to the Labour Camp, instead of the Prison.

Thorin Smile
Hack seinen Kopf ab. Ich brauche einen Aschenbecher!
Ok. Third game was the charm. Changed El Prez's traits and created a larger island and viola!, people couldn't fill those high school jobs quick enough.

I don't know what happened those first two games.
One issue i found CRAZY annoying is the issue with Bio Farms. The difference in some corps types kills the productivity. Sugar loves low land and high humidity on the flip side Tabacoo wants high lands and low humidity. And this problem is also seen with food crops. Can in the next update something be done to where you have an upgrade for Biofarms?
Irrigation- Increases Soil Fertility 10%
Plant Rotation- Increases Soil Fertility by 15%
On Site Horticulture Station- Increase Production by 10% and Soil Fertility by 5%.

Something its just annoying when im trying to grow crops on a land thats perfect for 1 thing but the other stats just KILL the production of the farm
Hello,

I recently purchased Tropico 4 Gold Edition for the Xbox 360 via Amazon. I was so excited for this game I brought all the DLC before I even played it. I also installed it. Now, I put the disc in and didn't receive an update even though I was online, I thought maybe that's because it was updated to the latest version. Thus I was playing it for several hours and then saved my game a few times on different slots, when I went to play it the next day my console crashed when I loaded it back up.

I was obviously frustrated and thought I received an unfortunate rare bug, so anyway I started again and the same thing happened the following day (sandbox mode btw)... So I then cleared my system cache, cleared some memory and even re-installed the game (I had over 75GB free). Funnily enough it still wouldn't load my game and the same thing happened when I started the game again.

So I've contacted kalypsomedia via email and stuff and they basically said I need to 'make my gaming experience more simple by not doing as much'. Which means I've spent over £35 on a game I can't even save my progress on!

Anyway, more to the point. The latest update is 1.06 which I found out about online and this was supposedly the update which had the crash fixes. I decided to see if I could find out were it told me on the game it's latest version to see if the gold edition was up to date and on the credits it says '1.05.000', which I assume means my Tropico 4 Gold Edition for the Xbox 360 is only updated to 1.05 and doesn't contain these fixes and I also cannot receive this update?!

I'm so frustrated right now, I need some answers please!

- Luke Shorey
Hey Welcome to the fourms.

Sadly everyone is having an issue with Modern Times DLC freezing if you try to load a save. Its nothing to do with the game but the console itself. Sadly the xbox has limited processing power and when you hit a certian size the system freezes, theres nothing that can de done via coding. You have to wait for the next gen console, or play them game though in one go, sorry for the bad news

Signed SSRCP
(25-12-2012, 10:23 PM)TheShanks Wrote: Hi, can someone please look in to the car factories, and why the teamsters (yes I have enough of them on my island) hardly every collect the cars and take them to the dock for exporting?
<snip>

I'd like to second TheShanks report of this bug. I've got hundreds of cars stacked up, plenty of docks and teamers, yet they never get collected. Please fix!
I can see a graphical glitch since the update for the Voodoo DLC on Steam today.
I did not change anything on my system and also my drivers (Nvidia beta 326.19) are the same, so the source of the problem may be Tropico 4:

[Image: http://s1.directupload.net/images/130726...gyj3ai.jpg]

[Image: http://s7.directupload.net/images/130726...gou2el.jpg]
In the Steam-Forum, this bug is reported, too. Seems to be a smoke issue:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/57690/disc...059302314/

[Image: http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g237/f...387321.jpg]
(26-07-2013, 03:57 PM)FrankyK Wrote: I can see a graphical glitch since the update for the Voodoo DLC on Steam today.
I did not change anything on my system and also my drivers (Nvidia beta 326.19) are the same, so the source of the problem may be Tropico 4:

I've got exactly the same problem earlier this week. Smoke and fire appear corrupted. Changed nothing in my system as well.

[Image: http://4put.ru/pictures/max/683/2098396.jpg]
Have Modern Times 1.06.345 Steam Edition.

See that Theaters have replaced Cabaret. Problem is, they don't display during placement or after construction. All I see is the floor tile underneath.

How to fix?
(17-07-2013, 07:46 AM)jztemple Wrote:
(25-12-2012, 10:23 PM)TheShanks Wrote: Hi, can someone please look in to the car factories, and why the teamsters (yes I have enough of them on my island) hardly every collect the cars and take them to the dock for exporting?
<snip>

I'd like to second TheShanks report of this bug. I've got hundreds of cars stacked up, plenty of docks and teamers, yet they never get collected. Please fix!

Can anyone send a save where the situation with the cars not exporting has occurred?