Tropico 4 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.06 only)
Tropico 4 - Bug Reports Thread (Version 1.06 only!)

Please use this thread to report gameplay and technical bugs you encounter with Tropico 4 updated to version 1.06 only.

For Crash reports: Thread

An update patching Tropico 4 to version 1.06 is available.

Changelog: Update 1.06
Ehrenamtlicher / Voluntary Moderator
Ich bin im Forum rein ehrenamtlich tätig. Mein Posting spiegelt nicht zwingend die Meinung von Kalypso Media wider.
I'm acting as moderator on a voluntary basis. My posting does not necessarily represent Kalypso Media positions.
I'm still getting requests to build Conventillo's, and there's an edict request that asks you to issue the Tax Cut edict, but when you select it, the request is for Army Drill edict. Both problems are annoying but not game breaking.

Edited to add... Launcher - 1.2.0.29, Game version - 1.06
My secret police now look noemal but my ministor of interior now looks like a builder and a task i completed did not go away but i still recived the reward
qtiphead88, please check the crash reports thread.
Built a normal power plant, then after awhile built a Nuclear power plant. Being the first time I've ever used the nuke plant, it produced WAY more power than I needed. So to save on workers and upkeep I demolish the old coal/gas. Suddenly, 2 of my power-using industries go dark, despite a big power surplus. Only by rebuilding the old plant did they get power.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=108733263
"Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."
— E.B. White

++Capitalist
++Intellectual
+Environmentalist
-Religious
-Nationalist
-Militarist

Demolishing the old plant probably broke your power coverage. Did you check the overlay?
(17-11-2012, 10:17 PM)Timo Wrote: Demolishing the old plant probably broke your power coverage. Did you check the overlay?

Shouldn't the general green color on the screenshot indicate that the area is covered? Even if not, it should be within the nuke plan't natural coverage area. You can see the nuke plant in the screen shot (on the left) is just down the road from the factories, and so they should be in its natural radius...unless the nuke plant has a much smaller natural coverage.
"Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."
— E.B. White

++Capitalist
++Intellectual
+Environmentalist
-Religious
-Nationalist
-Militarist

There may be isolated cases of the power coverage going crazy/bugging out when demolishing existing plants. This should not be related to the 1.06 patch, though. Have you tried setting up a substation to see if it fixes the coverage? It may also take some time for the coverage to fully update.
I can't install Modern Times. It says "You have already installed version 1.05."
(27-11-2012, 03:14 AM)Wraith Wrote: I can't install Modern Times. It says "You have already installed version 1.05."

Try installing Modern Times before having the Launcher download/install any updates.
(27-11-2012, 09:47 PM)Timo Wrote:
(27-11-2012, 03:14 AM)Wraith Wrote: I can't install Modern Times. It says "You have already installed version 1.05."

Try installing Modern Times before having the Launcher download/install any updates.
Something like this?
  1. Uninstall Tropico 4
  2. Install Tropico 4
  3. Install Modern Times
  4. Start Game
  5. Log In
  6. Let the game update
These are boxed copies of both, if it makes any difference. I've had vanilla Tropico 4 installed since not long after launch, but hadn't tried installing Modern Times until recently.
(28-11-2012, 01:27 AM)Wraith Wrote: Something like this?
  1. Uninstall Tropico 4
  2. Install Tropico 4
  3. Install Modern Times
  4. Start Game
  5. Log In
  6. Let the game update
These are boxed copies of both, if it makes any difference. I've had vanilla Tropico 4 installed since not long after launch, but hadn't tried installing Modern Times until recently.

Yes, the above install sequence will definitely resolve this issue. Make sure to back up your profile/saved games found in %appdata%\Tropico 4\ just in case.
this is to do with the vigilante DLC on the pc.

the bug is:

labor camp and task: arrest the person with the lowest respect once in the labour camp the it does not count as arrested maybe because they are turned into farmers?

***update***
i am playing modern times and the mission is a modern times mission called the shakes

***update***
released and re arrested the citizen still no joy

***update***another labour camp bug discovered***
released the citizen again and fired the police officers manning the the labour camp and built a prison in attempt finish the task and the arresting officer keeps taking the citizen to the labour camp even when there are no police officers working at the building

***update***
i can confirm the problem is the labour camp i have demolished it and arrested the guy for the 5th time this time he went into a prison and the task was completed
How 'bout the option of building Modern Times and the original buildings in Sandbox as a god-mode like No Achievements option?

It's only pretty much the most demanded fix/feature/whatever since Modern Times came out
I have found a bug in the Vigilante scenario. This is where the user is asked the method to use to defeat Ultimo. If you choose the built 3 movie theaters option instead of 3 it will require 10 movie theaters to complete the task and the game only allows you to build 5 so the scenario cannot be completed.
Hi, can someone please look in to the car factories, and why the teamsters (yes I have enough of them on my island) hardly every collect the cars and take them to the dock for exporting?

The teamsters only collect the cars once every 5 years or so, and then it will only export 1000 units, which equates to around $260000 (apprx). This equates to around 200 units per year which is not sustainable. At one point I had 8 car factories (I switched my main export from spiced rum to cars) and I ended up in debt within a few years. When I am exporting spiced rum, my sales revenue is around $1.2m per year, and the cost per 100 units is only $12000.

Cars
$260,000 (appx) every 5 years
Cost per 100 units = $26000 (appx)

Spiced rum
$6,000,000 (appx) every 5 years
Cost per 100 units = $12000 (appx)

Can someone look it this bug please?

Thank you
Bought the game on steam yesterday including all dlc's that were discounted.
Steam sais I've played for 117 minutes now. Not quite true though, as the game does not work.
I cannot build roads and the game gets stuck in indefinet pause mode when I try.
I've tried the following without consequence:
  • Deactivating steam cloud and deleting the profile under %appdata%
  • Verifying the steam game cache
  • Uninstalling the game and downloading it from scratch
  • Renaming the dlc folder and creating an empty one
  • Removing the game.hpk under boot\persist and renaming the 'original from steam' version to it
  • Removing ui2.hpk under boot
  • Running with default settings and with highest visuals available to me
  • Tried random islands and serveral others in sandbox mode
  • Tried sandbox mode, tutorial (waiting to be ordered to build a road) and modern times campaign
  • Tried with custom and serveral stock presidents
  • Tried installing the newest available display driver
  • Checked virtualstore for config files etc. Nothing of interest found.

Also the launcher didn't do anything when I tried to register a user - the continue button didn't tell me I already had an account or anything.

Background info:
Steam runs in elevated mode and BUILTIN\INTERACTIVE is part of the administrators group (read: I have local admin rights).
Running System Center 2012 Endpoint Protecion as antivirus and Windows Server 2012 as OS on a HP probook 6560b with a Radeon 7400M, 8GB memory and a C300 SSD.

interesting note: The log files are full of this complaint:
Quote:@ 115113, 31
...E/Src/Tropico4/Tools/Build/dlc/win32/3/UI/xinput.lua:0: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
(tail call)(-1):
...pico4/Tools/Build/dlc/win32/1/construction_roads.lua(0): upvalue ?
...pico4/Tools/Build/dlc/win32/1/construction_roads.lua(0): <>
[C](-1): global procall
...rc/Tropico4/Tools/Build/dlc/win32/1/construction.lua(0): <>
--- end of stack

the latest log file is available at http://opelcc.game-server.cc/20121228-00...ba.log.txt

Ask away if you have any questions or suggestions to fix my problem.

ps. out of two kalypso games I've bought and tried to play 0% have simply worked.
Bought the vigilante pack on Xbox 360. Chose to do the 3 movie theaters option and gave me 10 movie theaters to complete instead of 3. There is a 5 movie theater maximum....
Just a quick update on the road building bug:
Played for 4 hours on a friends windows 7 rig (older core2 with radeon 4830) and it kept working. Since it was in German I tried to convert my laptop version to german - same problem.
Now I got back home I can confirm it's working just fine on my gaming system (1st gen i7 & radeon 6950) running windows 8 pro.

So my conclusion is that the game doesn't seem to properly support server 2012 as OS or (which seems more likely) the beta radeon drivers don't execute shader programming properly in this title.

Moral der Geschichte: Kaputte software.
I have problems connecting with twitter and facebook, always the connection fails and doesn't minimize the game. I have bought on Steam.

Seems like the launcher doesn't work well, because I couldn't register on it, and i've had to register through the webpage. And I think that it doesn't log in, just skip to the "play Tropico 4" screen.
nevermind...
98% of 10000 is 9800, though. The bug is in your calculation?
I own the pc version of tropico 4 and i recently purchased the modern times dlc key from amazon. and after it has fully downloaded from the launcher it completely disappears from my computer. Im not sure what is happening with it. Any tips?

additional info: in appdata i can see it being downloaded, but after that i dont see it anymore. And in the files that contain the exe, in the file "Dlc" there is only update1.hpk.
I'm playing the campaign, mission 12 or 13. (The one after having to host the pan-carribean game, where it says I have to prepare my military.)

I chose the free nuclear plant from the americans instead of their 30.000$.

Immediately after placing it, I wanted to place it better, so I cancelled building it. After cancelling, this nuclear plant is no longer free and I have to pay full price! (40.000$ down the drain...)
That happens if get a free building it means you have to place it right first time if not well you have to pay. Since technaly they have alredy paied for it. So its not a bug just something realy anoying
(07-01-2013, 10:51 PM)Ieuan Wrote: That happens if get a free building it means you have to place it right first time if not well you have to pay. Since technaly they have alredy paied for it. So its not a bug just something realy anoying

I do not agree with that logic. If I cancel any other building, I get all the money back.
If this is really the way it is supposed to work, it should at least be documented in the manual.
Even better would be if the player is warned about it in game when cancelling!

But since this behavior is not documented AND unexpected, I call it a bug.
(31-12-2012, 04:28 AM)Vostok1 Wrote: I have problems connecting with twitter and facebook, always the connection fails and doesn't minimize the game. I have bought on Steam.

Seems like the launcher doesn't work well, because I couldn't register on it, and i've had to register through the webpage. And I think that it doesn't log in, just skip to the "play Tropico 4" screen.

The last little update released today(3.8MB) has fixed this problem. Thanks!
On mission 18 of the original game campaign:
It told me to kill the second suspect, and I arrested her instead, thinking it would count toward "eliminating" her. But... now, when I click on the mission objective, I can no longer View the suspect. There is no context in the objective window other than the "OK" stamp. So my mission is kind of stuck. I saw someone else had a similar bug a while back, but I don't think it got fixed Tongue
This isn't really a "bug," but when jets take off from the Aerodrome in MT, their landing gear stays down.

I can understand landing gear being down when jets come onto the screen because they are in a landing pattern. But watching a jet fly around the map with gear down after take-off just isn't realistic. It annoys me every time I see it in a game (T4-MT) that is otherwise nearly perfect. I'd appreciate it if this gets fixed in a patch.
I once lost playing the 6th mission, and now, for some reason, every time I retry I automatically loose instantenously when I get the map-mission to keep the Canned Goods Index above 200. It seems there's a bug which doesn't update the game so that the Canned Goods Index is set to 300 upon gaining the map-mission, and as a cause, I'm instantly declared to have lost because my index was, prior to the mission, 200 or below (I think exactly 200).