Refund Request thread
I'm very tired of alpha/beta testing 4x games. I tolerated it for SOTS2 even though it was a nightmare and each patch broke more than it fixed. My patience has since run out and I would like you, Kalipso, to authorize Steam to provide refunds to those of us who don't feel like Alpha testing.

Thank you.

Feel the same way? just sign it.
Signed, and revert this back to an open beta and get the feedback you really need. I don't think you are getting honest opinion about the state of your game or you just plain lied to your customers.
(11-08-2012, 02:20 AM)Kerovnian Wrote: I'm very tired of alpha/beta testing 4x games. I tolerated it for SOTS2 even though it was a nightmare and each patch broke more than it fixed. My patience has since run out and I would like you, Kalipso, to authorize Steam to provide refunds to those of us who don't feel like Alpha testing.

Thank you.

Feel the same way? just sign it.

I just can't believe someone who went through this with SoTS2 would pre order again. Kinda think its your own fault. The lack of gameplay videos should of been a huge hint that this is a game you pick up 3 months after release. Because lets be honest only SoTS2 can bring our a game a year early.
(11-08-2012, 02:26 AM)Sleuth Wrote: Signed, and revert this back to an open beta and get the feedback you really need. I don't think you are getting honest opinion about the state of your game or you just plain lied to your customers.

They knew. There is no way they didn't know.

Why do you think they handled the release the way that they did?

In a shady way it was clever. Build some excitement for a title that they knew wasn't ready and grab the money. Then put all the blame at the feet of the "small development studio" and run. I wonder how much money the devs are getting from this game.
[redacted by myself]
Lol if they don't give us a refund I will see you in court good sir.
Well i dont mind Alpha testing games but buying for 15% off is a joke. If they plan for us to Alpha test and be constructive it should of stated it was in an alpha or beta stage and the price should of been 50% off.

The mini DLC that steam promised for pre-orders seems to of vanished. So as a designer myself im not really impressed.

I would gladly want a refund as having 18 crashes in a 3 hour game is bad.

But i have faith in Novacore to get it sorted... so i will be giving it a week or so and if nothing has developed i will demand a refund too.
I registered an account just to say how disappointed I am with this game, it is definately undone. I ran into a bug also ( http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5418...4CA7BA98F/ ) where debug or dev menu elements would show up and stick to the screen, causing crashes if you clicked on them, there is no way to remove them either. Look at the objectives under end turn, they even clip out of the screen. Also the buttons are so close to the edge it causes the game to move and it is very annoying.

I want a refund, plain and simple.
Signed, although you folks must remember, refunds like this takes time and only if theres enough demand/push. The release with Swots 2, had a lot of fans behind it, paradox offered all the current dlc for free and or refunds to those who wanted one. Kalypso doesnt have that reputation, and now what little they did have is being further degraded.

I doubt we see refunds, but, its the last time i buy from this publisher. Paradox n kerb saved and sort of fixed things, (ill be wary of any future sims they produce) however i still have hope for swots II. This sim...maybe they will fix it. Only time time will tell.
(11-08-2012, 02:35 AM)Zarukei Wrote: I registered an account just to say how disappointed I am with this game, it is definately undone. I ran into a bug also ( http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5418...4CA7BA98F/ ) where debug or dev menu elements would show up and stick to the screen, causing crashes if you clicked on them, there is no way to remove them either. Look at the objectives under end turn, they even clip out of the screen. Also the buttons are so close to the edge it causes the game to move and it is very annoying.

I had that problem too, the dev one, and it was by Pressing D.
(11-08-2012, 02:38 AM)Incry Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 02:35 AM)Zarukei Wrote: I registered an account just to say how disappointed I am with this game, it is definately undone. I ran into a bug also ( http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5418...4CA7BA98F/ ) where debug or dev menu elements would show up and stick to the screen, causing crashes if you clicked on them, there is no way to remove them either. Look at the objectives under end turn, they even clip out of the screen. Also the buttons are so close to the edge it causes the game to move and it is very annoying.

really just by pressing D? isnt WASD used to move around?
So many bugs
I have played beta test weekends that were finished products compared to this.

Refund please
(11-08-2012, 02:39 AM)Zarukei Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 02:38 AM)Incry Wrote:

really just by pressing D? isnt WASD used to move around?

Yeah , and yes WASD is to move around ,or atleast it should be , but pressing D opens Dev for me. or something like that
Signed.

I spent money for a finished product, not something barely passable as a beta release.
Signed and requested a refund from Steam.
What in the name of all that is blasphemous is going on with this sub-alpha pile of trash? I say sub-alpha because both Endless Space and, of all things, bloody Minecraft were in more functional, more playable states than this piece of garbage when they were in alpha, never mind beta or release. Sign me up for a full refund, and SHAME on you, sleazebag developers, for trying to pull something this shady. Bullshot trailers/screenshots with graphics far better than the game itself, frequent crashbugs, multiple-MINUTE load times, absolutely pathetic and incredibly obnoxious voice-acting, horribly-tuned economy balance, randomly-teleporting enemies that refuse to engage ships at point blank range...and that's just what I noticed in two hours of...I'd call it 'play,' but that implies that there was some form of fun involved. Please hang up and try again, in a year, when you have something approaching a finished product. That or have the minimal level of decency and personal responsibility displayed by Richard Nixon and resign from your positions, if you feel like being a bit ambitious.
(11-08-2012, 03:35 AM)White Haven Wrote: What in the name of all that is blasphemous is going on with this sub-alpha pile of trash? I say sub-alpha because both Endless Space and, of all things, bloody Minecraft were in more functional, more playable states than this piece of garbage when they were in alpha, never mind beta or release. Sign me up for a full refund, and SHAME on you, sleazebag developers, for trying to pull something this shady. Bullshot trailers/screenshots with graphics far better than the game itself, frequent crashbugs, multiple-MINUTE load times, absolutely pathetic and incredibly obnoxious voice-acting, horribly-tuned economy balance, randomly-teleporting enemies that refuse to engage ships at point blank range...and that's just what I noticed in two hours of...I'd call it 'play,' but that implies that there was some form of fun involved. Please hang up and try again, in a year, when you have something approaching a finished product. That or have the minimal level of decency and personal responsibility displayed by Richard Nixon and resign from your positions, if you feel like being a bit ambitious.
Ooh harsh....
We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Signed and requesting refund.

This..."game" was an absolute disaster, every few minutes it would crash and/or freeze. The controls were horrible, it had turn load times up to 10 minutes on an AMD FX-8150 with 2 GTX 680 SLI.

As a current game developer/recent college graduate, I have to say in very blunt terms that this "thing" should not even be considered ALPHA, much less a complete game. And as a new graduate, I have to say, the professor would have chucked the damn thing into the garbage if I showed him this.

To the developers, I am horrifyingly disappointed in you.
Either fix the damn game or give us refunds.
One week would be too little time for you to fix the FUBARed piece this "game" is, I would say 2 weeks is reasonable.
Get this thing to atleast a BETA state then I might not demand a refund.
MIGHT.

Oh and don't try to blame this on low alpha and beta testing, I lost count at about 33 for the amount of errors and glitches that you could fix just by playing through yourself. And if you wanted good testing, then you should have made this thing OPEN BETA/ALPHA.
Yes this is a massive fuck up and unless you do some miraculous work i want my money back, my question is how?
Especially since sots2 did this less than a year ago, just how can something like this happen did anyone even try to play this before the release?

Also signed...

(is there like petition online thing or do i just say sign in this thread?)
(11-08-2012, 03:51 AM)ssthehunter Wrote: Signed and requesting refund.

This..."game" was an absolute disaster, every few minutes it would crash and/or freeze. The controls were horrible, it had turn load times up to 10 minutes on an AMD FX-8150 with 2 GTX 680 SLI.

As a current game developer/recent college graduate, I have to say in very blunt terms that this "thing" should not even be considered ALPHA, much less a complete game. And as a new graduate, I have to say, the professor would have chucked the damn thing into the garbage if I showed him this.

One week would be too little time for you to fix the FUBARed piece this "game" is, I would say 2 weeks is reasonable.
MIGHT.

Oh and don't try to blame this on low alpha and beta testing, I lost count at about 33 for the amount of errors and glitches that you could fix just by playing through yourself. And if you wanted good testing, then you should have made this thing OPEN BETA/ALPHA.
Based on the current state of the game and how long development was, fixing this will take months.
So broken multiplayer - Check
CTDs every other turn - Check
Broken Economic balance - Check
Managing to fail at something as simple as mapping the letter Y to the Y button? - Priceless

Gimmie my money back, maybe I'll buy it again in a year when it's $5, this shit ain't even worth pirating
There's a reason I called out sleazebag developers. To be blunt, there's not a chance in hell that any developer working on this project could possibly fail to know that it was in such an utterly worthless, useless, fail state. And yet it was still released.
(11-08-2012, 03:56 AM)Zarukei Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 03:51 AM)ssthehunter Wrote: Signed and requesting refund.

MIGHT.

Based on the current state of he game and how long development was, fixing this will take months.

you are correct.... If its only a group of 3, however with the amount of people and resources they have with them, it shouldn't take more then half a month.
Signed...Refund please
Signed , Refund wanted too.
You know what the worst part of this is? It's becoming the norm and that will be the death of PC Gaming. People will only tolerate this type of product so many times before they stop supporting the genre of PC gaming in general. The money will dry up and no new games will get developed.

The developers will say that they don't make PC games due to lack of interest. And I'll want to kick htem square in the ****.

That being said. This game does have promise and I HOPE they patch the hell out of if SOON so I can play the damn thing.
Sad.........
We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
You guys who pre-ordered sure took a big risk after the SOTSII debacle.
However you do have a point if specifically mentioned features are not present at all.

I feel for this company a little though. As I actually like the idea of what it is trying to achieve.
It most certainly does not sound like a sins of a solar empire with 4X added though.
me too on board of refund ship
I think it's fair to say that this game is in great shape for an early beta. It looks like it might have promise but there are multiple game-breaking bugs within the first 5 minutes of gameplay and major functions yet to be implemented. Of course, the 0.7 build number on the original release makes it appear even more obvious.

I hope the game can be finished, extensively tested, patched, and run through quality assurance. However, since it isn't a finished product, I would also like a refund.